• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Liverpool have played the same 11 for 2 seasons with basically no injuries, of course they're tired.
I'm not convinced their lack of recruitment in the last 2 years won't come back to bite them.

I'm surprised they didn't stretch to buy in Werner when they've basically spent the guts of the fee on a reserve player in Jota.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not convinced their lack of recruitment in the last 2 years won't come back to bite them.

I'm surprised they didn't stretch to buy in Werner when they've basically spent the guts of the fee on a reserve player in Jota.
I think Jota is a long-term Firmino replacement and is probably expected to challenge him for a start this season.

Werner was such a no-brainer that you could criticise any big club for not buying him. I imagine quite a few tried and he just decided on Chelsea.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think Jota is a long-term Firmino replacement and is probably expected to challenge him for a start this season.

Werner was such a no-brainer that you could criticise any big club for not buying him. I imagine quite a few tried and he just decided on Chelsea.
Yeah, apparently this is the case. We definitely reached out and were told no.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Man I just watched the United game on replay, what the **** is Harry Maguire doing? Yet again United took a bullet for us by signing someone we were after.

Uppercut

Man I just watched the United game on replay, what the **** is Harry Maguire doing? Yet again United took a bullet for us by signing someone we were after.
That clip where he pulls back Shaw then drags him to the ground is spectacular.

He'd probably be good for you tbh. The longer anyone plays for us the worse they get. Coaching.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah what was he thinking in that Shaw clip?

I have to say, when United took us apart in January, Maguire was the only player who seriously impressed me. Was just brilliant on the ball, calm and assured.

I mean obviously he had a much easier day than he will have in 95% of his games, but the deterioration of him is really something.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That clip where he pulls back Shaw then drags him to the ground is spectacular.

He'd probably be good for you tbh. The longer anyone plays for us the worse they get. Coaching.
I think he'd have been calamitous for us last year. The Rodri for Ferna swap and the deterioration of the press have really exposed the high line in our side.

Uppercut

Yeah what was he thinking in that Shaw clip?

I have to say, when United took us apart in January, Maguire was the only player who seriously impressed me. Was just brilliant on the ball, calm and assured.

I mean obviously he had a much easier day than he will have in 95% of his games, but the deterioration of him is really something.
I think he's played more games in the past year than anyone in Europe, or close to it. He played most of the winter with painkilling injections, at the time I couldn't believe he played the Tranmere game. Solskjaer does a ****ing tragic job of managing player workloads.

flibbertyjibber

So Pothas what is Jan Zamburek like seeing as we have signed him on loan.

Also a question for the Aussies, we have signed Matt Millar from Newcastle Jets, anyone seen him play before?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has mainly been substitute appearances here and there but he has always looked pretty good, I think he is a central midfielder really but has played further forward as well. Forss did really well out of his league one loan last year so hoping for the same.

Kraken

International 12th Man
So Pothas what is Jan Zamburek like seeing as we have signed him on loan.

Also a question for the Aussies, we have signed Matt Millar from Newcastle Jets, anyone seen him play before?
Matt Millar will be a decent pick up for you, played predominantly RB, but wouldn't be surprised to see him higher up the pitch on the right side, very attacking. I thought he really stood out for the Jets (although admittedly they're not much to write home about)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Partey is as good as they're saying, why has he gone to Arsenal?
How good are they saying he is? Walks into our team and offers us qualities we haven't had in years, so for that I'm happy. If we had bought Aouar too I'd be like a pig in ****, but alas.

Niall

International Coach
A surreal transfer window from Utd, priority positions centre back, defensive midfielder (Matic can't last the season) and right wing and five signings later not really addressed. 2 young lads who can play right wing, but both are punts and unlikely to offer much until next season at least.

Telles look's fine tbf and DVB meh,,,,fine player but has Ole the balls to drop Pogba for him? Doubtful.

Cavani is a panic signing, clearly no competition for him for a reason.