• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No one thinks it's pleasant. And I'm actually of the belief that the vast majority of football managers do a middling job and aren't worthy of particular praise or criticism, i.e. not easy to justify sacking. Wenger in his last few years was probably still in that bracket. Emery isn't.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Some of the stuff that's come out in the last couple of weeks about what's been going on behind the scenes is really damning. His treatment of Koscielny in particular was ****ing ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Taking you down this season though so you will want him gone then.
I wouldn't anyway, but I'd be surprised if we went down.

No chance we finish below Bolton or Southend. We just smashed MK at their place a couple of weeks back. Accrington, Lincoln and Wimbledon next three so that will give us a good measure. To top that we got new investment in september so should have a decent window

But the bottom line is we got into L1 well ahead of schedule, Micky has one of the safest jobs in the country I think. My worry is more him getting fed up at the budget but hopefully the investment I mentioned sorts that

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of the stuff that's come out in the last couple of weeks about what's been going on behind the scenes is really damning. His treatment of Koscielny in particular was ****ing ridiculous.
Isn't that always the case whenever a manager loses his job. Win a trophy and he is a genius for ****ting on a player he wants out or the manager wants him out.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're both wrong, sacking people in most companies is incredibly hard even when they're absolutely useless
Haha yep. There is really no comparison to football management and a 'normal job.'

Agree with the general points being made though. There is a huge difference between being on a bad run, Bees had an awful one when Frank took charge last year and the sort of thing we have seen here with Emery. It is usually pretty easy to tell as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Isn't that always the case whenever a manager loses his job. Win a trophy and he is a genius for ****ting on a player he wants out or the manager wants him out.
Nah, the same sort of stuff hasn't come out about Pochettino. The worst that's come out about him so far is that the players were starting to get a bit fed up of his methods after being flogged into the ground for 5 years.

Emery's had fallings out with Ramsey, Özil, Koscielny and the whole captaincy farce with Xakha.

andmark

International Captain
Just throwing out a question: who do the Arsenal fans on here want as the next manager? Please restore my faith in the knowledge of football fandom after some of the things I've just been listening to.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
City drop more points.

Liverpool can put 11 points between them with a win at Anfield.

Gary Lineker joked a while back that Leicester were the biggest contenders - but it's hard to argue with that at the moment.

anil1405

International Captain
The form that Leicester are in, they are the near contenders atm. Games against City and Liverpool on either side of Christmas would give us a more clear picture of what's cooking at King Power stadium.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ornstein on Allegri: 'No, I don't think that will happen. Allegri did not impress Arsenal when he was interviewed for the job in 2018. He barely spoken any English, even in small talk and his agent was said to speak more English than he spoke in Italian'

Wait, Allegri was willing to interview with us in 2018?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
David Martin in tears after keeping a clean sheet on his Premier League debut to beat Chelsea. The bloke is 33.

Outstanding.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
David Martin in tears after keeping a clean sheet on his Premier League debut to beat Chelsea. The bloke is 33.

Outstanding.
Been around the block him. We had him on loan from Liverpool about ten years ago if it's the same one