• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They are comfortably worse than last year, sure they lost Hazard but that can't explain the defence being so bad.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They are comfortably worse than last year, sure they lost Hazard but that can't explain the defence being so bad.
They're worse, but I don't think many people had them in the Champions League places with a game to go.

Likewise with Man Utd, they've had a ****e season by their standards but they're currently 3rd, which is probably ahead of where most people thought they'd finish.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're worse, but I don't think many people had them in the Champions League places with a game to go.

Likewise with Man Utd, they've had a ****e season by their standards but they're currently 3rd, which is probably ahead of where most people thought they'd finish.
Not reliant solely on one player now either. Been a very good season for them for the future with how the youngsters have done. Got some good players already signed up too.

grecian

Not reliant solely on one player now either. Been a very good season for them for the future with how the youngsters have done. Got some good players already signed up too.
The youngster thing is about to come a myth though, with all the new signings, hard to see how any are on the first XI team sheet, particularly if Willian stays.

I would put chelsea as slightly above average, no more, the defence still has no shape, and defending set-pieces really should be a basic tenet of the game, but they fail hopelessly, surely that's a coaching problem as much as players.

Pothas

Yeah it will probably just be Pulisic who they bought for loads of money anyway. He also came in this summer which everyone ignores when it comes to the no transfer thing.

flibbertyjibber

The youngster thing is about to come a myth though, with all the new signings, hard to see how any are on the first XI team sheet, particularly if Willian stays.

I would put chelsea as slightly above average, no more, the defence still has no shape, and defending set-pieces really should be a basic tenet of the game, but they fail hopelessly, surely that's a coaching problem as much as players.
Na, they will get their share of games as the squad isn't that deep at present and will enable rotation. That will be particularly important if they end up playing Thursday night stuff but I expect them to win tomorrrow and get Champions League.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

It's arguably already a myth when you look at how little Reece James and Tammy Abraham have played since the restart and when you've got Callum Hudson-Odoi reportedly unhappy at his lack of game time. It's only really Mason Mount who has played regularly under Lampard.

As for their defence, it's almost like they're coached by someone who as a player had other people around to do his defensive work for him.

Uppercut

I think Lampard has just been average. The Chelsea squad is the 3rd-5th best and he’ll finish 3rd-5th.

flibbertyjibber

Been a great has Silva, doesn't get the hype of others in his own team or like previous foreign legends in the Prem like Henry, Cantona, Bergkamp etc... but he is right up there among the very best players to have played over here.

Uppercut

Absolutely beautiful player. Nobody in England has ever been amazing in quite the way that Silva was amazing.

vcs

Top 4 race is interesting. Hopefully Leicester can win, though their form has been pretty awful since the restart.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Messi wants Bielsa to come to Barcelona. I pray the infighting behind the scenes scares him off. We can't live without him :cry: