• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Lovren's was a penalty (or rather ridiculously soft) but I do think at the same time he was a moron for even getting that close. CL was going nowhere, away from goal, he was not a threat. He's just a brainless player and has cost us umpteen points. He's got to be one of the worst signings we've ever had and that he plays regularly is down to nothing but blind support and a lack of options.

Klopp before the game made it a point to defend Henderson and it's transparent why: he's average as **** and doesn't lead the team as he should. If there was any game where he had to be commanding, take a risk and dominate play, this was it. We dominated possession and he still couldn't make a key pass. I don't think Klopp realises that if he benched Henderson and replaced him as captain few people would complain, outside the English media perhaps who may want to defend a home-grown. Everyone else sees it for what it is.

Mane was also a selfish ****, that was game over there.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Lovren's was a penalty (or rather ridiculously soft) but I do think at the same time he was a moron for even getting that close. CL was going nowhere, away from goal, he was not a threat. He's just a brainless player and has cost us umpteen points. He's got to be one of the worst signings we've ever had and that he plays regularly is down to nothing but blind support and a lack of options.

Klopp before the game made it a point to defend Henderson and it's transparent why: he's average as **** and doesn't lead the team as he should. If there was any game where he had to be commanding, take a risk and dominate play, this was it. We dominated possession and he still couldn't make a key pass. I don't think Klopp realises that if he benched Henderson and replaced him as captain few people would complain, outside the English media perhaps who may want to defend a home-grown. Everyone else sees it for what it is.

Mane was also a selfish ****, that was game over there.
I don't think Henderson has particularly strong backing from the Ingerland crowd. You need to tick at least one of a few boxes to enter their protection racket- playing the media game well by passion-signalling and 'fronting up' after defeats (Hart), playing well for England (Owen), being old enough that a lot of your former team mates have media jobs (Defoe, Rooney), being a traditional English-style player (Carroll, Parker). Henderson is more of a Milner. They like him well enough but won't be particularly outraged if he's left out.

Honestly I think he played because Klopp thought it was important to fit lots of British players in for a derby.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So City have really won more consecutive top flight games than any English side in history. Feel like that's a pretty underrated record to break.

flibbertyjibber

Even crazier when the game they didn't win was against Koeman's Everton who were rubbish. Some run this from City and they look as certain to win the league at this time of the season than any side in a long time.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Chelsea were looking pretty nailed on this time last year, obviously this City side a lot better though.

Uppercut

So City have really won more consecutive top flight games than any English side in history. Feel like that's a pretty underrated record to break.
I need a compilation of pundits talking bollocks about Pep. It's the only thing that can cheer me up with Citeh are this good.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I need a compilation of pundits talking bollocks about Pep. It's the only thing that can cheer me up with Citeh are this good.
Just listen to the first ten minutes or so of the latest Game podcast to hear Alyson Rudd talk herself in circles to avoid saying anything positive about City or Guardiola. The absolute bewilderment of poor Julien Laurens and Gab Marcotti throughout is a particular highlight.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ha I reckon Cabs got one over on you there. Not that you’ll be complaining.
:)

Not if they keep playing like this, although we still need Benteke to improve his conversion rate.
Obviously you won't catch me overstating our survival prospects though. And heaven help us if someone comes along offering silly money for Zaha next month.