• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

cpr

International Coach
even a city legend should take delight in scoring against those ****s

Probably realised the sales of his bog roll would increase in wiping away those bitter bitter tears

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always found him a massive ****. He made me cheer enthusiastically for Man Utd. in 2006-07. That takes some doing.

Uppercut

Burnley look pretty good here. Much better technically than when I watched them last season, though still not up to much in the final third. Tarkowski must be due a big move.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I’d say he was fairly well liked throughout his first Chelsea spell.
I think he just had the media eating out the palm of his hand, it was a big reason behind him coming back to Chelsea.

The media and Jose did not get along in either Italy or Spain because the media in both countries had no problem calling him out whenever he acted like an arsehole.

Uppercut

A lot of people found him unbearably arrogant the first time round. He would say things like ‘yeah we’ll win the title because we have the best team’ when you were supposed to only ever say ‘taking it one game at a time, not getting ahead of ourselves’ etc. It almost seems quaint how wound up about it people got.

It doesn’t really warrant a mention now because he has so many worse qualities and the game/country is generally more accepting of that sort of attitude. Also it turned out he wasn’t lying when he said that at Chelsea. He’d be lying if he said it now.

vcs

Also the Anders Frisk incident and his relentless sniping at Wenger and Benitez.

Niall

International Coach
Also the Anders Frisk incident and his relentless sniping at Wenger and Benitez.
Didn't handle himself well with the Hunt-Cech incident and some of his comments on Wenger were unpleasant. He wasn't that popular first time round, pretty sure most of England were cheering Liverpool in there semi final encounter due to Jose etc.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure he was sort of looked on as a bit of a maverick Brian Clough type rather than just an obnoxious turd. I think the turgid football started when he need to blunt Barcelona's so-called tica taca. He turned Real Madrid into West Brom and it worked.