• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huh. If he quit for good, he'd be the only manager in history with more Champions League titles than full seasons managed.

I don't imagine he'd be short of offers though. Considering the respect he commands and his ability to manage his (star-studded) team to Cup wins, he'd be perfect for international management.

Uppercut

I don't think Poch will go. They wouldn't offer him the time or the internal power that he'd need to make it work.

But OTOH it's Real Madrid and Perez seems properly keen on him.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Is that comment aimed at me?

Don't care about it at all and think it been blown out of all proportion. The same people who are wound up spend all the time telling us we shouldn't look at footballers as role models and are now up in arms because he is a role model setting a bad example.
Nope but, I do wonder why he gets enough flak from the press to the point that some random people literally beat him up in a car park essentially being Raheem Sterling

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Two reasons, Because he is a little **** who is fairly unlikeable (the gun tattoo being neither here nor there so far as this incident is concerned), and because people generally around these parts (mostly the media) are also unlikeable ****s who get their kicks from being unlikeable ****s to other unlikeable ****s. Them's the ways of the UK.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Because he is a little **** who is fairly unlikeable (the gun tattoo being neither here nor there so far as this incident is concerned)
uhhhhh I'm not a noted Sterling fan but I'm gonna ask for some receipts on this one. All the stuff I see is him donating significant sums of money to various good causes and contributing very positively to society.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, a bit ott, but I think the ill advised interview before he left Liverpool and various allegations of diving have left a sour taste in the mouthes of quite a few. Don't have an especially strong view either way personally

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
On this, was this the window where Javi Garcia was signed?
On the back of winning the league, the club signed:
Jack Rodwell
Richard Wright
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Matija Nastasić
Javi García

What a way to consolidate a league win. Missed out on Hazard and van Persie too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On the back of winning the league, the club signed:
Jack Rodwell
Richard Wright
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Matija Nastasić
Javi García

What a way to consolidate a league win. Missed out on Hazard and van Persie too.
Haha Christ I remember there being a few bad signings but I was sure there was at least a couple of redeemable signings.

Was it not a similar story in 2014 as well? When did Fernandinho sign for your lot?

Uppercut

Yeah, a bit ott, but I think the ill advised interview before he left Liverpool and various allegations of diving have left a sour taste in the mouthes of quite a few. Don't have an especially strong view either way personally
Seems well-advised to me in hindsight. It got him out of a weird cult and into a team that wins stuff.

vcs

What the ****.

There was a time when Arsenal did a transfer deal, it would be right out of the blue, and you just knew it would turn out be a fantastic one. Now they're pursuing Fellaini FFS. :(