• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So West Ham have their first competitive match of the season in Andorra next week. This is before the Ashes series has even started. It's a world gone mad.
Yeah it's downright mad. Arsenal's first game is in about three weeks, the day before the 2nd test starts. This is only the 2nd summer I've ever really cared about football enough to watch pre season, so it feels really weird.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
****, is it really only 3 weeks until the Community Shield?

I've barely switched off from the end of last season. Doesn't seem like there has nearly been enough summer yet.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ospina leaving is a shame. Seems I rate him more than most, and it makes no sense for Arsenal to have him, Cech and Chesney all in the same squad at the same time, but still, seems like he's getting a bit of a raw deal out of this to me.

That said, I rate him less highly than I do than Cech of Chesney, so them's the breaks I guess.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Japan favourites over Netherlands?

And what hope would you give the Matila's against either?
Yup.

Matildas slight favourites against NL, slight outsiders against Japan. Japan have really messed up selection, sticking with the 2011 team despite clear evidence they're too old.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Arsenal do sign Cech that is the signing of the summer right there. Brilliant business by them, gives them the top keeper they have lacked for years.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We were looking to get him last season so kind of kept an eye on him since then but he looks a good player - looks to have had a better season last season though. Reminds me of Suarez in his street-football kind of way.