• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that's a little bit insulting to Song. He's a good midfielder and would be an upgrade on Mikel as a backup to Matic even if he wasn't homegrown.

edit: So not madness at all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I agree RE: Song, but the point the article makes about the home grown rule is perfectly valid imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Honestly I would love Alex Song. I know he's not the player Yaya is buy he's the perfect backup for him, deeper lying buy likes getting forward and has a fantastic range of passing. Perfect fit for us.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think top clubs would overpay for English talent even if the homegrown rule wasn't there. Important to have a veneer of Englishness.

This way they also get to blame evil FA/UEFA for restricting them, so it's win/win

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although ideally you would want Toure's backup not to be African, since so many of his missed games are at AFCON.

I rate Song too but, as that article alluded to, he's supposedly an arse to have in the dressing room.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm amazed at the number of Arsenal fans that decide it's confirmed because the Mail have said so. It's always wait till the club confirm it, for me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
So West Ham have their first competitive match of the season in Andorra next week. This is before the Ashes series has even started. It's a world gone mad.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure which, if any, thread the Women's World Cup belongs in. But as dreadful a spectacle as it is we're in the Quarter-Finals after beating Norway 2-1.