• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think in this case some of them probably were interested, but Liverpool's valuation of the player was highest.

Illaramendi would be a good signing too imo, gives them a passing option deep in midfield. Ideally teams should have one passing DM and one fouling DM to choose between depending on the standard of opposition.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What it's worth remembering is at this point Liverpool only need to overturn something like a six point gap between themselves and Man United to achieve their objective. What the player is worth is immaterial as they recoup the £29m quite easily if he's good enough for them to do that

Obviously it's not that simple, but.

Not aimed at anyone really just a general thought

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, sounds simple on paper, but when you consider that Utd feel they've significantly underachieved and will be strengthening too, without the worry of losing our best player (doubt we'd know who that is TBH)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think in this case some of them probably were interested, but Liverpool's valuation of the player was highest.

Illaramendi would be a good signing too imo, gives them a passing option deep in midfield. Ideally teams should have one passing DM and one fouling DM to choose between depending on the standard of opposition.
I'm hoping they don't actually get anyone that good to do it. Arsenal need the exact same thing so should be able to sign the top option if it's a shootout between the two clubs.

Uppercut

So do United, it should arguably be our number 1 priority given how much better the team was with carrick last season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ideally teams should have one passing DM and one fouling DM to choose between depending on the standard of opposition.
Haha, I completely agree with this, but for some reason find the fact that the concept of a "fouling DM" is actually a thing to be really funny for some reason. :laugh:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Is that not literally what Blind is supposed to be good at? I may have got my assessment of him wrong though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Europe's top sides have seemingly decided to not sign Gundogan. Will stay at least another year at Dortmund. I think Arsenal and City should've gone for him IMO, though I've heard his wage demands were quite high.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is that not literally what Blind is supposed to be good at? I may have got my assessment of him wrong though.
I've always been of the impression that he's an extremely high workrate/stamina type player. Like an upmarket version of Flamini almost. That's not to say he can't play a bit as well, I've just been led to believe that it wasn't his strongest suit/what he was renowned for.

Then again, I might be completely wrong on this as well. I'm just going on what I've read about him over the last few years and what I saw of him in the WC last year.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What it's worth remembering is at this point Liverpool only need to overturn something like a six point gap between themselves and Man United to achieve their objective. What the player is worth is immaterial as they recoup the £29m quite easily if he's good enough for them to do that

Obviously it's not that simple, but.

Not aimed at anyone really just a general thought
But it was a misfiring for much of the season UTD who finished 8 (not 6) points clear of them and who'll probably be stronger and more consistent next season.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, sounds simple on paper, but when you consider that Utd feel they've significantly underachieved and will be strengthening too, without the worry of losing our best player (doubt we'd know who that is TBH)
De Gea.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what do we make of Schneiderlin saying he's going to leave in a few days and Real wanting Kos?

Uppercut

Blind is pretty tight technically but either can't or won't play penetrative forward passes from DM. His positioning isn't quite in the same league either.

Herrera was actually better than Blind at DM, but then we had no one who could do his usual role.

Uppercut

Haha, I completely agree with this, but for some reason find the fact that the concept of a "fouling DM" is actually a thing to be really funny for some reason. :laugh:
Haha that's exactly what Lucas is. Fouls about 9 times in every match, all in deep central areas where the free kick is useless and each foul not quite bad enough to get him booked. Invaluable in big games.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Should get Xabi Alonso back and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.