• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Less than a week to go and we're being linked to nobody. No rumours, no nothing. Still can't believe we'll roll into next season with the same squad bar Cech.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Ikki, whilst on the subject of forwards, what's your view on Origi?

I saw him play on Liverpool's Oz tour and was not impressed at all - slow, minimal movement and technically ordinary

Obviously a tiny sample size but for a young guy who should have been looking to make the best of his chances, he was pretty woeful
Well I saw him in KL and the other pre-games on TV but he seems very raw. I'm surprised you said minimal movement because I think that was what stood out. He got a lot of chances because he moved well but his finishing was meh. He's 4th choice behind Sturridge, Benteke and Ings, really.

With Benteke I think the most important thing to consider is that he thrives on crosses, which is not what Liverpool do. An overpriced 2015 version of the Rickie Lambert signing from last season?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really familiar. What sort of forward is he?
He's the one that scored the opening goal against us in the 2011 final. Plays as a wing in a 4-3-3 but tends to come inside. Very selfless, intelligent, likes to run in behind, great technique, good finisher. Would be a great signing if we can get him.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro is fantastic, certain starter in any English team IMO. Hard-worker, all-round team-guy and has scored a lot of goals in the shadow of the Barca stars.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Italian media hated him, the Spanish media hated him yet the English media hang off his every word. Why? I just don't get it.

cpr

International Coach
Because the English media give 0 ****s about news and live off cheap gossip. Jose sells.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I get the impression the football media in the UK tend to forgive all flaws and will even rewrite the narrative as long as you win titles.

I'm kind of undecided on Jose. He's often so classless. Then there are times where he seems an utter gentleman. For better or worse, I like having him in the league.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I get the impression the football media in the UK tend to forgive all flaws and will even rewrite the narrative as long as you win titles.

I'm kind of undecided on Jose. He's often so classless. Then there are times where he seems an utter gentleman. For better or worse, I like having him in the league.
He knows when to not be a ****, and it's why he manages to have a good rep in this country despite actually being one most of the time.

Jesus though, he's raised the bar this week. Accusing Wenger of trying to buy the title is whole new levels of lacking self awareness and this is just a dire personal attack because someone jokingly showed him up on merits of football.