• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Best possible result for the U's.

Practically guaranteed a televised replay, which is another £144k in the coffers.

The TV rights for the tie alone have brought in roughly 25% of their annual turnover.

Kinda thing that saves the little clubs. Without wishing to be too sanctimonious, that's the real magic of the cup.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First away game of the season for me today. Massive game for us but an even bigger one for Norwich.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I
Best possible result for the U's.

Practically guaranteed a televised replay, which is another £144k in the coffers.

The TV rights for the tie alone have brought in roughly 25% of their annual turnover.

Kinda thing that saves the little clubs. Without wishing to be too sanctimonious, that's the real magic of the cup.
It'll undoubtedly be on tv because it's Man United and they haven't had a non-televised FA Cup game in more than 10 years, but seeing as they get a share of the gate receipts that will far dwarf the tv monies and it'll likely be a walkover, couldn't they put someone else on tv?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I

It'll undoubtedly be on tv because it's Man United and they haven't had a non-televised FA Cup game in more than 10 years, but seeing as they get a share of the gate receipts that will far dwarf the tv monies and it'll likely be a walkover, couldn't they put someone else on tv?
I dunno mate I would quite like to watch Cambridge enjoy walking all over the mancs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I

Dunno. Think ManUre showed enough to think they might give us a game.