• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't see any of it tbh given am 8 hours ahead on my current coordinates. So I refuse to believe that happened.

cpr

International Coach
Kinda funny that everything being reported around Whelan/McKay on twitter is being hastagged #wafc

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have said it before but Brumby was right all along about Wigan.
Hey, I always thought he was a **** too, and never got the love. Mind you it was all to do with him loving Thatcher*, then the ****ing leg.

Everyone knows rubgy league towns shouldn't play football anyway:ph34r:

* oh and considering this, his views on the Jewish rather ironic as well as offensive and unpleasant.

Last edited:

Pothas

Have no doubt you did. I just remember telling Brumby he was wrong. The shame.

Bees are playing them last game of the season at home, relegating them would be so good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
His attempt to deflect the "chink" remark are lolworthy. Completely missing the point that Vincent Tan isn't Chinese, which is why referring to him as a chink is quite obviously offensive.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hey, I always thought he was a **** too, and never got the love. Mind you it was all to do with him loving Thatcher*, then the ****ing leg.

Everyone knows rubgy league towns shouldn't play football anyway:ph34r:

* oh and considering this, his views on the Jewish rather ironic as well as offensive and unpleasant.
Jesus Christ.

Calling people "chinks" is ok and Jewish people love money more than other folk?

****ing hell.

But don't think Mrs Thatch was Jewish, was she? Keith Joseph & Leon Brittan from her cabinet were tho.

grecian

Jesus Christ.

Calling people "chinks" is ok and Jewish people love money more than other folk?

****ing hell.

But don't think Mrs Thatch was Jewish, was she? Keith Joseph & Leon Brittan from her cabinet were tho.
It's more the greed aspect he's going on about, whilst being a Thatcher-ite, the greediest scum in history.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wigan-athletic/11242141/Ten-Football-People-Who-Like-Malky-Mackay-Are-Not-A-Racist.html

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, so I think this has irreversibly placed Wigan in the "dislike" bracket.

Can't think of any other instance where a high profile private company has hired someone whilst allegations of them being a racist/***ist idiot being investigated. Surely will not end well.

I wonder what would happen if some of the Wigan players came out and refused to play/train until the investigations were over. Will surely not happen, but would be interesting.

duffer

Yeah, so I think this has irreversibly placed Wigan in the "dislike" bracket.

Can't think of any other instance where a high profile private company has hired someone whilst allegations of them being a racist/***ist idiot being investigated. Surely will not end well.

I wonder what would happen if some of the Wigan players came out and refused to play/train until the investigations were over. Will surely not happen, but would be interesting.
Lazio?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, iirc Di Canio wasn't actually under investigation for anything at the time they hired him. Assuming that is what you're referring to.

duffer

Nah I just went off on a tangent there. They've got the most racist fans/ultras in Italy. Didn't sign a black player for yonks. Were the poster boy for institutionalised racism when Serie A was at it's peak. Not analogous to what's happenng in Wigan though.

duffer

"As at now, our mother is selling polythene bags, padlocks and other things on the (Ghana/Togo) border. Our mother has not seen him for more than a year and he rejects her calls anytime. Our mother is not calling him for his money, she just wants to see him because she loves him very much," Adebayor's sister told Peace FM.

Heh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That really is mind-boggling levels of terrible. Just cannot compute how someone in his situation would be like that.

Assuming it's true of course.