• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that is ridiculous. I mean there is not giving penalties for pushing and shoving in the box and then there is that.

grecian

Funny thing about both these wins for Arse and the 'pool is I don't think either team where at their best, but the home teams were both utterly rank.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Merson slates Arsenal post game.

If Chelsea had done that the media would be fapping to Mourinho's tactical genius.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not the sort of display you associate with Arsenal but sort of performance that wins titles. Huge game next week for both them and Chelsea now.

grecian

Merson slates Arsenal post game.

If Chelsea had done that the media would be fapping to Mourinho's tactical genius.

Yeah I don't get Merson's comments at all. It's a very good performance, Manu and Chelsea have grinded them out for years. He's now saying nothing went Sherwood's way apart from the stone-cold pen against them. Is he a big mate of Sherwood or summat?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thought that one was a bit harsh, another reckless challenge and might have just touched him with the trailing leg, but a definite dive. If that had been Suarez he'd be crucified.
Having seen the 2nd half highlights, Vidic was lucky not have been sent off for piling through the back of Suarez.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I actually think Liverpool's fixture list is harder than it looks on paper. Away games against teams involved in a relegation dogfight where the opposition need to scrap and battle for everything aren't ideal - you want a Newcastle or a Villa who probably won't get relegated and thus have nothing to play for.

grecian

I actually think Liverpool's fixture list is harder than it looks on paper. Away games against teams involved in a relegation dogfight where the opposition need to scrap and battle for everything aren't ideal - you want a Newcastle or a Villa who probably won't get relegated and thus have nothing to play for.
Haven't looked at the fixtures in Div 1, but yeah well-known what you actually want at the end of the season is mid-table mediocrity, like Manu for instance.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's annoying in general when managers use the phrase 'deserved to win/lose' tbh. You didn't win, geddoverit.

grecian

It's annoying in general when managers use the phrase 'deserved to win/lose' tbh. You didn't win, geddoverit.
Game is about scoring goals and stopping the other team from scoring, unless the officials have ****ed up (which arguably in this match went for Spurs) you don't deserve ****-all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure Furball should just pay out on his avatar bet to me. In fact I'll offer him 30 days as the duration instead of a full month if he takes it now

Pothas

Game is about scoring goals and stopping the other team from scoring, unless the officials have ****ed up (which arguably in this match went for Spurs) you don't deserve ****-all.
It is not even as if they played really well, could not quite find the goal and lost to a scrappy goal in the last minute, they were 1-0 from the 2nd minute and could not do anything about it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pretty sure Furball should just pay out on his avatar bet to me. In fact I'll offer him 30 days as the duration instead of a full month if he takes it now
On the proviso that I don't get a Celtic avatar, I'll say that Arsenal will finish above Liverpool and offer you a double or quits bet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm 1-1 on football avatar bets though, I'll have Eds' avatar on CricSim as for some reason he thought Spurs were better than Arsenal.