• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure if Lambert really fits with Liverpool's quick and incisive attacking style tbh, but I guess it will be interesting to see how it pans out if true.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if Lambert really fits with Liverpool's quick and incisive attacking style tbh, but I guess it will be interesting to see how it pans out if true.
Most teams that play that way have a forward who tends to start on the last man and move towards the play, because it gets the defenders moving up the pitch. Lambert is quite neat on the deck, he really reminds me of Teddy Sheringham, who was a handy signing for United at a similar stage in his career.

Overall there's not a huge amount of risk involved, and Liverpool need to bulk up their squad for the CL.

Eds

International Debutant
Yeah, I think it's the ideal move for all parties. Lambert gets to fulfill a boyhood dream and get some CL experience in process, and Liverpool get something completely different to what we've already got. I'm sure Lambert isn't worried about not getting loads of playing time given he'll retire from England duty after the WC.

I was kinda worried when the price on Twitter was quoted at £9m but £4m is far more reasonable.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4 million is fair enough I suppose, I heard 9 which is why I thought it was a little strange.
Yeah, it's probably one of those "if Liverpool win the League", "If Liverpool win the CL" with him palavers. I'm sure if both those happen they wouldn't mind forking out 9.

Eds

International Debutant
I think the £9m was some dodgy Liverpool/Southampton negotiation where we'd pay £5m more for Lambert and £5m less on Lallana, to reduce the 25% of next fee that Bournemouth get for Lallana. Which is pretty ****ing dire, so I'm glad it doesn't look like it's happening now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think it's the ideal move for all parties. Lambert gets to fulfill a boyhood dream and get some CL experience in process, and Liverpool get something completely different to what we've already got. I'm sure Lambert isn't worried about not getting loads of playing time given he'll retire from England duty after the WC.
Has he said that?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fellaini to the Accies for £85m.

I have the same last two digits as Coz & we're both wearing blue too, it seems. Weirdsville.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure what colour my shirt is really.

Plump for Purple.

So Torres to Inter Milan 58 Million.