• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Eds

International Debutant
City were on for the quadruple a few weeks ago weren't they? Looking more and more like just a League Cup.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe Southampton did not play a stronger side against Sunderland, could have been in with a real chance of winning the thing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, you'd think he'd mention that in every ****ing interview he gives, ever, wouldn't you?

Probably hard to get the words out with Fergie's dick in his mouth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can Sheffield United even fill up Wembley?.
Is this a real question?

I hate to admit this because I really don't like them but they are comfortably the second biggest club left in the competition.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this a real question?

I hate to admit this because I really don't like them but they are comfortably the second biggest club left in the competition.
Yeah, I wondered about that comment, they're actually a big football town, unlike Hull and Wigan.

Huge Town too, even if it's split.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Happy for Uwe :D

Sad for me D:

But meh. Love how we suddenly can't win the league literally just because we've played no league games lately. Peoples short memories and propensity for hyperbole is astounding.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
But meh. Love how we suddenly can't win the league literally just because we've played no league games lately. Peoples short memories and propensity for hyperbole is astounding.
Inclined to agree with this. All the reasons people are giving why Chelsea are favourites are probably true but it's not like City have no chance which some seem to think almost. Chelsea are rightly favourites but City are far from out of it.

Another thing that is annoying is this statement that "you'd always rather have the points than the games in hand". Fair enough in this case you would do seeing as City need to win all three games in hand and one of them is United away but it's stated so often in situations where it's just not true. It's just silly making absolutist statements that depend on so many variables as to whether they are true or not.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think the only reason people have turned towards Chelsea is that they have looked pretty formidable this year. The win at the Etihad changed a lot of perceptions. I personally still think it's really tight, and wouldn't be surprised if either side won it, but if I do think Chelsea are best placed now. They've barely looked like dropping any points for the last couple of months, so even if City win all their games in hand, they've still got a lot to do.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're just clear second favourites now. Essentially looking to drop less points in 12 games than Chelsea do in 9 much easier games, at a time when they're playing their worst football of the season.

It's felt like theirs to lose for the entire season, and now, suddenly, it doesn't at all.

Uppercut

The Arse contingent giving this one a miss?

Can't blame you. Tyldesley and Townsend in abysmal form tonight.

EDIT: Here comes Ian Wright though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The Arse contingent giving this one a miss?

Can't blame you. Tyldesley and Townsend in abysmal form tonight.

EDIT: Here comes Ian Wright though.
Not much to be said tbh. Reasonably solid, but it's hard to make any offensive impact when you don't have the ball.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Spirited performance against a team that you felt would have had several gears to move up into if they'd needed them.

Uppercut

I didn't think they ran in behind enough until the last five minutes. That's where the space is against Guardiola teams. Cazorla especially only ever wants to play in front of defenders.

The exception was Ox, but it was hard because he tended to be starting from very deep. Walcott would have made a big difference imo.