• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why has this happened to Coventry though? Not like they are a tiny club that have spent well beyond thier means.
A lot of the blame that is being attributed towards SISU by the moronic fans of the club is being laid at the wrong place. They saved the club from administration/worse when they bought it. The real men at fault are Geoffrey Richardson and his cronies, who I'm sure came off well from the sale of the old ground (not to mention the large profits made on selling players which weren't reinvested)

How they sold the ground for the figures bandied about and then didn't have the money to pay for a decontamination exercise on the new ground (which was minuscule in the grand scheme of things) is beyond me. Someone else pays that, manages to sell off land for huge profits and then the club can't afford the stadium.

Whoever signed a contract paying £1.2m a year but getting no share of catering/parking etc also needs persuing.

The council are the main problem now, blocking the CVA because their amendment wasn't accepted. They were told on Tuesday that as it stood their proposed amendment wasn't legal and so they should come back on Friday with something that would be allowable. They refused to change a thing then rejected the CVA, costing them about £500k or so.

There's been a lot of other crap gone on, especially around ACL from the councils side of things (using tax payers money to remortgage the stadium when they couldn't meet repayments being one example) and so I would expect more things to come out of the woodwork over the next few weeks.

Also, I'd fully expect the stadium company to go into serious financial bother as well now, seeing as they've lost their main income generator. They claim that they can cope without the club, yet missing mortgage repayments and declaring £500k profit in their last accounts (when the club paid their full £1.2m) suggests otherwise.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does this mean you can stop pretending that racially abusing and biting people is actually sort of OK from a certain perspective?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Does this mean you can stop pretending that racially abusing and biting people is actually sort of OK from a certain perspective?
I never 'pretended' that racially abusing someone nor biting is ok. I take serious offence to that.

My stance was that the decision to ban him in the Evra case was reliant on very flimsy and debatable testimony. Suarez may be a **** of the highest order, that doesn't necessarily make him a racist. Him being a **** towards the club he owes loyalty to also doesn't make him a racist. Pointing all this out doesn't make me a racist. And WRT my argument was about the amount of matches he was/should've been banned on, not that biting was ok.

Disgraceful. Could expect this from other posters, from you it's just weird.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I never 'pretended' that racially abusing someone nor biting is ok. I take serious offence to that.

My stance was that the decision to ban him in the Evra case was reliant on very flimsy and debatable testimony. Suarez may be a **** of the highest order, that doesn't necessarily make him a racist. Him being a **** towards the club he owes loyalty to also doesn't make him a racist. Pointing all this out doesn't make me a racist. And WRT my argument was about the amount of matches he was/should've been banned on, not that biting was ok.

Disgraceful. Could expect this from other posters, from you it's just weird.
:laugh:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Wonder if Suarez has been sent one of these?

I apologise for calling Stuart Broad a lady-boy - I did not mean to cause any offence to those who identify as a 'lady-boy' (transgender), though comparing them to Stuart Broad is as offensive as it comes.

Last edited: