• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The best example I can think of is from a Brighton game I saw a couple of years ago. Brighton threw a free kick into the box in the last minute, 2 or 3 guys jumped for it and one of them handled it. It was a clear handball but it took 2 minutes for the referee to consult his linesman, have a chat and award a penalty. In a situation like that where there's been an obvious infringement, it seems silly to me to deny the referee a look at a replay when the game's stopped anyway.

Ditto with cases where a striker's been fouled and the ref's not sure if the foul happened inside or outside the box. Get a video ref to look at it so correct decisions can be made.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What will frustrate me is that our bad decisions won't be overturned. It's not an argument against, just one of those things, but bad decisions will definitely irritate me more now, knowing that the same thing wouldn't stand in a higher level game.

PS **** Bolton

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ditto with cases where a striker's been fouled and the ref's not sure if the foul happened inside or outside the box. Get a video ref to look at it so correct decisions can be made.
Maybe some of those loud, angry pub idiots would learn that a foul that carries on inside the box is still a penalty.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Special goals from Arsenal here. Ramsey and Walcott have been brilliant. Could Ramsey finally step up this season?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
City with too many passengers really, not sure if it's just a chemistry thing. Clichy and Nasri were tame. Fernandinho was just terrible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Luis Suarez refuses to apologise to Liverpool | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Ugly.

Ok, so, other than this now being pretty tedious. What does everything think will actually happen?

I've been doubtful about it for the entire time it's been in the press, but despite the owners stating they won't sell to Arsenal, I'm beginning to think it's looking more and more likely that their hands will be forced. If Suarez really is refusing to apologise, then his situation at Liverpool will be completely untenable, given his previous comments, and those made by Brendan Rodgers.

Unless Real Madrid gazump Arsenal, which doesn't seem likely at the moment, I really do expect him to be an Arsenal player before the transfer window closes.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Downing leaving clearly the more important story.

Got to think that it will happen, same as Bale but I wish they would not take so bloody long about it. I think that transfer window should shut before season starts.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I still think Liverpool are in a better position to get what they want since Arsenal have boxed themselves into a position where they can't not buy Suarez.

grecian

More good business by King Kenny :laugh:
Yeah, think he's one of the most under-rated players in history, a great of the British Isles, and he made a very ***y Liverpool team, and got Blackburn a title. but yeah that last spell was ****ing awful, and the problem is for practically every buy you were shaking your head thinking they're not worth anything like that.

It was like Vinny Samways Going to Everton was happening again and again.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, think he's one of the most under-rated players in history, a great of the British Isles, and he made a very ***y Liverpool team, and got Blackburn a title. but yeah that last spell was ****ing awful, and the problem is for practically every buy you were shaking your head thinking they're not worth anything like that.

It was like Vinny Samways Going to Everton was happening again and again.
With hindsight I think it's pretty obvious he should have stepped aside after his caretaker spell where he did well for half a season. Uppercut called it at the time, I'm sure most people did but his posts stick in the mind about it

grecian

With hindsight I think it's pretty obvious he should have stepped aside after his caretaker spell where he did well for half a season. Uppercut called it at the time, I'm sure most people did but his posts stick in the mind about it
Oh, I'll admit I thought it was an okay move, until he started buying people.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kenny as a caretaker was a fairly logical move, but even in that spell, it became fairly clear that he was out of touch and that football had moved on a long way since the time he was capable of making contributions that were in any way meaningful. That he was offered the post full-time, and that he accepted the offer, were two truly dreadful pieces of decision making. What went on afterwards rather speaks for itself.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It seems to me that Comoli is just another name that belongs on the list of objectionable persons that Liverpool have employed recently. He's just fortunate that there were more prominent figures to take the flack for their slide over the last few years, allowing him to get away relatively unscathed.

The guy seems like a massive dick though. Not only has he consistently attempted to shift the responsibility and blame others for the failures he had a direct hand in, but he now seems to be making a living by appearing on 5Live and TalkSport deriding Liverpool for how poorly they have done since he left. He was just on the radio the other day putting the boot in over the Suarez affair.