• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ref absolutely bottled that one. Also awarded Cardiff a retake of the free kick they scored from because Medel smacked someone in the face. But the Rooney decision was inexcusable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That Medel bloke is clearly a complete nutter tbh. Is surely only a matter of time before he enjoys some enforced absences.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I read yesterday that Suarez has more than them, despite being banned for the first five
It isn't so surprising considering the absolute lack of ability of everyone in the team to shoot the ball, with the exception of perhaps Jermaine Defoe who continues to score goals in the other comps. Lamela has been an absolute joke for us that I'm wondering if we've signed up his identical twin brother or something. Also, the team selection is rubbish. Dembele, Siguardsson and Defoe (when fit) need to play more minutes as far as I can tell.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think Spurs' lack of goals should come as much of a surprise really, since the player who scored nearly all of them last year plays for another team now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Spurs' only attacking tactic last season was 'pass it to Gareth and watch him smash it into the top corner from 35 yards/dribble past half their team and score' so it's hardly surprising that they're struggling for goals.

They've tried Andros Townsend in the Bale role, it hasn't worked because Townsend is ****ing ****.

Don't panic though maybe one of the 16 billion central midfielders you signed could do a job up front. Or even Adebayor.

If Levy's kept the receipt you might even get your £25m (lol) back for Soldado.

Never mind, next year's the year you'll finish above Arsenal.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
How Mirallas stayed on the pitch, only god knows.

Also another elbow which cut Henderson around his eye. Dowd bottled it, hard.

flibbertyjibber

The Mirallas one was payback for Suarez stamping on him last year. Made me laugh when I saw who had done it as you instantly knew it was deliberate and he'd got away with it. If everyone Suarez has previously done got their own back he'd miss the season.

Uppercut

The second one is meh. He's just a bit tactical with where he chooses to land after Suarez crunches him.

The first one is hilarious. Looks like Keane on Haaland. If you have any sympathy for Suarez you're deluded but you do have to ask major questions about the ref, especially on the weekend when Brown got sent off for passing the ball gently.

I still kind of think the Rooney decision is the worst. Because he clearly saw it, because he booked him, and it couldn't have been mistaken for a tackle. Hard to avoid the conclusion that a less famous player would have walked every time.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I find the big team get the decisions thing tiresome most of the time but in this case it is hard to think differently. What the **** was Rooney doing anyway? 7 minutes in for god stake.

Uppercut

Yeah it's not even the big teams. Hernandez or Januzaj would never have gotten away with it. It's just because he's Wayne Rooney and fellating him is the English national sport.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You mean the one that didn't even touch the opposition player?
Haha, precisely.

The ****ed up thing is that Dowd was right in front of the incident and even had a clear view of the damage while the physios treated Suarez. He simply wasn't going to send anyone off and it made the game a bit crazy.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it really that important that Gerrard didn't make contact with his elbow? As mentioned a page or so back, players have been sent off for lashing out without making contact with their intended target.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, leading with the elbow renders lack of contact irrelevant.

Mind you the actual rules say that there doesn't need to be contact by a defender for a foul to be committed, yet how often is something called a dive by the media when in fact there was a foul?