• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, not surprised. The look of anguish, the arms going out, the roll. It's part of it. But Lucas gets pushed over and apparently that's much worse.
Yeah, I get the arms going out etc but IMO Fabregas was always being taken to ground. Turning like he was and the contact on his standing leg, it was going to take him to ground.
The difference lies in that Lucas could've easily stayed on his feet but wouldn't have got then pen.
It's all the same at the end of the day, just trying to to sell the foul as well as possible. Cesc through his arms out and rolled over when on the floor, Lucas fell over.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No one's obligated to stay on their feet if they feel the contact is illegal. Eboue clearly pushed him in the back. Not a great amount but enough for the penalty to be legitimate. This whinging about the penalty is stupid.

Lucas was awesome, as he has been all season. Whattaplaya.

Jarquis

Who's whinging?
If your post is directed at anybody in this thread I'd query whether you've actually read any of the posts..

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who cares about cup semis and penalties deep into stoppage time, my lot are 4 games away from promotion. Yes we are 1 point off 3rd but they have to play 2nd and 5th away in their last 4 games. Come on you Blues you can do it.

cover drive man

International Captain
Who cares about cup semis and penalties deep into stoppage time, my lot are 4 games away from promotion. Yes we are 1 point off 3rd but they have to play 2nd and 5th away in their last 4 games. Come on you Blues you can do it.
*gets tables up on google* I assume you're a Shrewsbury man?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My mate called Trundle a "****ing rapist" from the front row one time. He responded with "sit down you fat ****ing ****" for all the front few rows (all 7 of us) to hear.

It's of no relevance to anything but your post reminded me of it and gave me a laugh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My mate called Trundle a "****ing rapist" from the front row one time. He responded with "sit down you fat ****ing ****" for all the front few rows (all 7 of us) to hear.

It's of no relevance to anything but your post reminded me of it and gave me a laugh.
Hope someone pointed out the irony of Trundle calling anbody fat (or a ****, if it comes to that).

On squeaky voiced Scousers, what's the word up there about Brian Regan? Was genuinely stunned to read he's on murder rap.

Certainly makes Harry Enfield's "Scousers" sketch look a lot darker in retrospect.

"Eh, calm down, calm down...." BANG. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Who's whinging?
If your post is directed at anybody in this thread I'd query whether you've actually read any of the posts..
Just been hearing it from Arsenal fans in general.

Anyway, I hope by some miracle Arsenal discover the bottle to win the league. It's still not over as I think United can drop 6 points easy. It depends whether Arsenal can win the rest of their games.

duffer

We can, but will find a way to **** it up. Seriously, the only interesting thing about this team is their propensity to find new and increasingly hilarious methods of surrender. As if we're not topping the St James' bendover next season. Possibly even this season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hope someone pointed out the irony of Trundle calling anbody fat (or a ****, if it comes to that).

On squeaky voiced Scousers, what's the word up there about Brian Regan? Was genuinely stunned to read he's on murder rap.

Certainly makes Harry Enfield's "Scousers" sketch look a lot darker in retrospect.

Round my way, just general surprise. I don't work in Liverpool anymore though and there tended to be people in my old place who knew the score, if you will. My dad will have the inside track on it though as he works in Liverpool Prison (he always says the people on the inside are the best informed on what's going on in the outside world), not spoken to him in a week.

I blame it on them sticking Terry in that religious cult, FTR. Was never the same again.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We can, but will find a way to **** it up. Seriously, the only interesting thing about this team is their propensity to find new and increasingly hilarious methods of surrender. As if we're not topping the St James' bendover next season. Possibly even this season.
Still want Arsene out?

Also, what does Kroenke mean for Arsenal? More money spent, better players?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will almost certainly bottle the game against Spurs tomorrow imo, unless Man Utd beat Newcastle tonight, in which case they'll probably pull it out of the bag and prolong our agony of thinking "maybe, just maybe" a little longer until they inevitably blow it again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
She's ****ed that many footballers there's probably some law of averages in play that one had to be married.

Be a huge surprise if it was someone as high profile as Giggsy tho, given Fatty Trundle the (alleged) rapist has (allegedly) had a crack.
Rumour seems to have some traction and Doggymore, who in pomp would have had Miss Thomas bent over in a Cannock car park, was apparently asking rhetorically on Twitter why Giggs missed the semi. Though Stan maybe was just merking that tosser Rio, Balotelli style.

On Thomas, Jesus, she is a wonderfully attractive tart. Made the mistake of Google image searching her (safe search off) at work...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

That brings back memories! Barry Grant's best mate. Brookside was ****ing grim. Only comedy value was Ron Dicko and Jimmy Corkhill doing coke and then becoming a respectable though fraudulent teacher. Top show though, well before its time.

grecian

Rumour seems to have some traction and Doggymore, who in pomp would have had Miss Thomas bent over in a Cannock car park, was apparently asking rhetorically on Twitter why Giggs missed the semi. Though Stan maybe was just merking that tosser Rio, Balotelli style.

On Thomas, Jesus, she is a wonderfully attractive tart. Made the mistake of Google image searching her (safe search off) at work...
She was more ****able without the freakish boob-job, but it's what seems to attract your mark i.e. footballers.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
She's ****ed that many footballers there's probably some law of averages in play that one had to be married.

Be a huge surprise if it was someone as high profile as Giggsy tho, given Fatty Trundle the (alleged) rapist has (allegedly) had a crack.
The use of the word "ace" makes me think it's someone a bit less good. Tabloids never use that word to describe anyone halfway decent.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That brings back memories! Barry Grant's best mate. Brookside was ****ing grim. Only comedy value was Ron Dicko and Jimmy Corkhill doing coke and then becoming a respectable though fraudulent teacher. Top show though, well before its time.
Brookside was at its peak when 70-80% of the cast were locals

Once they tried to broaden the cast to include southerners and try and compete with your Corries and Eastenders, it went down the pan