• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought there was definite falling-away towards the end of the season when the team had a bit of a blow-up (Gallas's infamous tantrum was the result of a goal from a terrible Clichy mistake iirc). Maybe it's become a touch magnified in my mind because of his subsequent failings, though. Still, it doesn't take too much of a form dip to fall behind Evra.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought there was definite falling-away towards the end of the season when the team had a bit of a blow-up (Gallas's infamous tantrum was the result of a goal from a terrible Clichy mistake iirc). Maybe it's become a touch magnified in my mind because of his subsequent failings, though. Still, it doesn't take too much of a form dip to fall behind Evra.
Yeah but I'm disagreeing that there was a loss of form in 07/08, as I remember it he was great for near enough the entire season and that Evra had overtaken him wasn't really apparent until the 08/09 season and Clichy's back injuries.

It's not that he's become inherently bad at football though, he had great games against Barcelona last season. He's just not consistent anymore.

Birmingham penalty decision was wrong as well, ftr.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I was only half-serious. He is absolutely bat**** crazy, and pretty much the definition of "that type of player". But he's also very, very good, a much better footballer than he gets credit for. And he strikes me as over-committed rather than a general street thug.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 points mother****ers, 2 points now. Calm down, calm down, don't get your hopes up or anything.

Uppercut

So yeah, my point about Chelsea minus Essien...
They were crap against Liverpool last week with Essien though.

I know it feels kinda odd, but Sunderland are playing a fair bit better than Liverpool at the moment. Chelsea really shouldn't be losing at Anfield. Went down to some brilliance to be fair to them but looking at the goals yesterday you could say the same thing.

Last edited: