• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice touch this weekend to see Prem players and refs wearing poppies on their shirts but i swear Howard Webb had an Arsenal badge instead of a poppy on his.How did he not send off Squillaci,thought last man had to go for a tackle like that?

As a neutral the ref seemed incredibly biased towards Arsenal all game,and he is supposed to be our best ref.:-O

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nasri is ****ing quality. Our player of the season so far by miles. Great finish by Song, centre backs played well, Fabianski pulled off 3 great saves. Only downer for me was Clichy. Guy is a total liability. If Gibbs wasn't so injury prone I'd be shot of the guy asap.

Jarquis

I'm a bit of a Nasri fanboy, but yeah, he's ****ing incredible. Fabianski's slowly winning me over, I'm just not sure I'll ever be 100% confident in him.

Clichy's been a worry for a while now, ever since his back injuries 2(?) seasons ago, he's not been the same player. 07/08 he was quality, better than Evra IMO, but has fallen away hugely since then. Concentration seems to be an issue now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fabianski will always be a potential liability when it comes to crosses. I don't think he backs himself to catch it, so doesn't know whether to stick ot twist.

"Good shot stopper" is the term I believe. Although I prefer "Struggles to catch a cold".

flibbertyjibber

Being neutral as i am the Sunderland goal is great.Hope they win as it makes it a proper title race not a one horse race as it has looked all season so far.

Stuff the Prem,league 2 is where it is at.:ph34r:

As for the Tranny lad,he won't be there after January,will get signed by a Prem team and never seen again.:@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Being neutral as i am the Sunderland goal is great.Hope they win as it makes it a proper title race not a one horse race as it has looked all season so far.

Stuff the Prem,league 2 is where it is at.:ph34r:

As for the Tranny lad,he won't be there after January,will get signed by a Prem team and never seen again.:@
Probably right, just hope we get a decent fee tbh that can sort us out

Uppercut

Sunderland put in some seriously good performances against the big clubs, for whatever reason. Owned our souls at Old Trafford last season and again at home this year.

Seem to slip away quite badly when I'm not looking though.

Uppercut

I'm a bit of a Nasri fanboy, but yeah, he's ****ing incredible. Fabianski's slowly winning me over, I'm just not sure I'll ever be 100% confident in him.

Clichy's been a worry for a while now, ever since his back injuries 2(?) seasons ago, he's not been the same player. 07/08 he was quality, better than Evra IMO, but has fallen away hugely since then. Concentration seems to be an issue now.
Actually 07/08 was the season I started to think he fell behind Evra a touch. I remember being asked at the start of the season and saying Clichy was a touch better but by the end of the year I'd changed my mind. His best form was before even that, he seems to have peaked at an absurdly young age.

Jarquis

Actually 07/08 was the season I started to think he fell behind Evra a touch. I remember being asked at the start of the season and saying Clichy was a touch better but by the end of the year I'd changed my mind. His best form was before even that, he seems to have peaked at an absurdly young age.
Hmm, he was always moving in the right direction prior to 07/08 but that's his best season IMO. He and Sagna were awesome that year, he might've begun to plateau during that season but he didn't start noticeably falling away until the season after, IMO anyway.