• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
United win, deservedly imo. Hate the style of football we played tonight, just ineffective and not good to watch, particularly after we were sensational with our style last week. Get Lucas out of there. And I'd say Johnson aswell, but we've spent to much on him ey? Haha.

Sick of Rafa, and over this season. Bring on the changes please.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool were totally insipid today. Man Utd fully deserved that. Even though I was obviously wanting Utd to drop points, there is just no way I could make myself get behind Liverpool, they were just horrible. Long ball after pointless long ball which Ferdinand/Vidic/Van der Sar dealt with over and over again without trouble. Liverpool in dire need of someone who can actually create. I've said it before and I'll say it again; Lucas, Kuyt, Johnson are all crap/mediocre.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dirk Kuyt is a poor man's Ray Parlour. He scarcely adds anything going forward at a team who has any sort of competent defence, his defence work isn't bad to give him his due, but one get's the feeling that he is only in the side on occasions like this to try and prevent Glen Johnson's horrible inadequacies from being exposed, which in itself is entirely defeatest.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent in the air, tbf.
Yeah, but they play him on the wing.

Johnson can't defend. He positions himself square-on against dangerous wingers every time. And he loves an unwarranted hoof.

Insua looks much more solid than he did last I saw him (which was admittedly a while back). His one tiny mistake was punished though.

Park is awesome.

Gerrard looks like he might be planning an exit. Last year, even if he wasn't playing well, you would never, ever describe him as anonymous. But that's what he was today.

Massive WTF at Ferdinand and Vidic for Liverpool's goal. I can understand getting outrun by Torres, but conceding a header? On that note, Torres is brilliant, and a bit of a dick. I wish he played for us.

I'm a lot less sure than most (United fans) seem to be whether Mascherano's foul continued inside the box. But it was a definite red IMO. It was blatantly deliberate, and if that isn't a clear goalscoring opportunity then a clear goalscoring opportunity in football does not exist.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh right, I'm not actually watching it live (listening to it on the radio), but the commentators sort of said the opposite to you.

In other news, Alan Green, please STFU and stop critisising Rooney for wearing gloves you absolute ****; nobody wants to hear your stupid opinion thanks.
He's right though, 'sif wear gloves.
Yeah, wearing gloves should be outlawed at the best of times but in march? Should be a straight red

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Whether you agree with it or not, it's still ****ing annoying having some half-wit moron like Alan Green going on about it every 5 minutes. I tuned in to listen to the football, not your opinions.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Whether you agree with it or not, it's still ****ing annoying having some half-wit moron like Alan Green going on about it every 5 minutes. I tuned in to listen to the football, not your opinions.
It's a shame. Alan Green used to be great. But nowadays like you say he just moans for the sake of moaning. He has become a charicature of himself.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a shame. Alan Green used to be great. But nowadays like you say he just moans for the sake of moaning. He has become a charicature of himself.
Yeah is a shame, can easily happen with commentators like that, its a fine line between being entertaining and just plain anoying. Brian Moore an excellent example in the rugby yesterday.

Mike Ingham still great though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The ref for our game was atrocious.

Handball given that was dubious to say the least, handball not given that was completely a handball (look it up, hilarious) and he gave a freekick against Barry for Dempsey airswinging at the ball then falling over, wtf ******.

Thank **** for Tevez. SWP is finished as a decent player, RSC is ****ing hopeless with anything other than a tap-in and Garrido still can't defend. This **** needs to be sorted soon.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Words can't describe quite how much I hate ManUre, or Chelsea for that matter.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tbh I can actually see Chelsea finishing about 10 points off the pace given their current form, general ****ness and difficult run-in.