• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chelsea are average and still in contention because the others have come back to the field - lots of changes to come in the summer

MU, whilst not as good as previous years, are still the best but Arsenal might still win if they trip up

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha yeah was going to say, I don't remember the time when he wasn't one. Hasn't he made racist remarks before live on-air?
He's skirted the border at least. When Sun Jihai scored once he said something like "Number 17; that'll be chicken chow mein then". ****.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You're welcome Arsenal/ManU supporters. Wish it wasn't Diouf that scored though.

Phil Jones sounds like a terrific prospect. Can't wait to watch the game when I get home.

Jarquis

Alan Hansen was pretty damning of Insua on MOTD. Might as well have cut straight to his point and come out and said he thinks he's dog ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alan Hansen was pretty damning of Insua on MOTD. Might as well have cut straight to his point and come out and said he thinks he's dog ****.
I know. I thought he played okay but Hansen was pretty convincing. Summed up why we all love Evra so much quite nicely too.

Jarquis

On a slightly different note... my Dad told me was going to look into getting Arsenal/Barca tickets until he wrote off my step-sister's car. Yay!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a lot less sure than most (United fans) seem to be whether Mascherano's foul continued inside the box. But it was a definite red IMO. It was blatantly deliberate, and if that isn't a clear goalscoring opportunity then a clear goalscoring opportunity in football does not exist.
Ha ha yeah, I loved Masch's reaction - no denial of the foul whatsoever, just desperately pointing out to the ref that he had begun deliberately fouling Valencia outside the box. Dirty bastard. How Torres didn't get booked for his petulant kick over the penalty spot I don't know either.

When we inexplicably left Torres unmarked in the box five minutes into the match I thought it was going to be another one of those days but thankfully Liverpool were insipid after that and our midfield - Fletcher and Park in particular - subdued them comfortably. I also thought that of the two current-or-former England right backs on display, it was the 35 year old who looked by far the more impressive.

On another note, I'm glad that the FA finally grew some balls and suspended Gerrard for that match. Liverpool might have been more dangerous if he'd played.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On another note, I'm glad that the FA finally grew some balls and suspended Gerrard for that match. Liverpool might have been more dangerous if he'd played.
:laugh:

Yeah, the Neviller was excellent. He's been pretty good this past few weeks, which is good to see because a lot of people thought he was completely done. He had it pretty easy though, it's when he plays against a winger that actually poses a threat that he might have some trouble. Although I'd still take him over Johnson every single time.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Yeah, the Neviller was excellent. He's been pretty good this past few weeks, which is good to see because a lot of people thought he was completely done. He had it pretty easy though, it's when he plays against a winger that actually poses a threat that he might have some trouble. Although I'd still take him over Johnson every single time.
*Holds hand up* Yeah, I'm one of those people - I've been of the opinion that The Neviller has been doing his best impression of an ex-footballer for quite some time now, but credit to the guy he's really played well in recent matches. Agree with you that I'm not sure he'll have the legs against a young, top class winger with real pace but he's going to be a lot more valuable in the run-in than I was expecting.

Craig

World Traveller
Joe Cole comes off contract at the end of the season and talks with Chelsea over a new contract have broken down. Would be a decent get for any team IMO. At least he won't cost anything (assuming he doesn't renew his Chelsea contract).

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wages would be the only stumbling block I would think - seems from reports that he's not keen to go lower than £80,000 per week.

Craig

World Traveller
Wages would be the only stumbling block I would think - seems from reports that he's not keen to go lower than £80,000 per week.
Soccernet said both Manchester United and City were both interested. I guess United would want a replacement for Giggs when he calls it a day. They took a punt on Owen, although Cole is bit of a crock these days. I would say City need a new left back (or two) then Joe Cole IMO.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Soccernet said both Manchester United and City were both interested. I guess United would want a replacement for Giggs when he calls it a day. They took a punt on Owen, although Cole is bit of a crock these days. I would say City need a new left back (or two) then Joe Cole IMO.
Again, depending on the wages issue I'd be happy for United to take a punt on Cole for free - and I know Fergie has always been a big fan of his. If he works out then great, and if not then we'd still be able to offload him to one of his other admirers for £3-5m or something. I wouldn't see him as the long term replacement for Giggsy and I certainly wouldn't him to be the only piece of business United did in the summer, but I think he could add quality and depth to the squad.