• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be cheering on Liverpool tomorrow, for the first time in as long as I can remember. Can really see them getting a result as well. Would be just Rafa's luck to arse it up against all the smaller sides in the league and then pull this one out of the bag before then getting back on the slide. Pains me to support any team managed by Big Sam due to their horrible style, but I suppose I'll be rooting for Blackburn tomorrow as well.
Cannot do it myself, so I am just supporting Torres, is working well for me so far, what a man. :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Oh right, I'm not actually watching it live (listening to it on the radio), but the commentators sort of said the opposite to you.

In other news, Alan Green, please STFU and stop critisising Rooney for wearing gloves you absolute ****; nobody wants to hear your stupid opinion thanks.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Ha, not a pen, but should've been red.
By the letter of the law it was certainly a goalscoring chance, but tbf the way the law is applied it usually needs to be the last man, or so it seems to me, and I don't think Mascherano was the last man.

Torres should be off though IMO, I'm not sure if you can be booked for defacing the penalty spot but if you can't you should be, or at least should be able to be booked for looking like a girl and being a ****.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wasn't a penalty, but I'll take the yellow I guess.

We play such ugly football, get Lucas off kthx. And Claps, I can only assume Alberto is on the bench because of his recent illness.

Pothas

Torres should be off though IMO, I'm not sure if you can be booked for defacing the penalty spot but if you can't you should be, or at least should be able to be booked for looking like a girl and being a ****.
:laugh: What a lad, hope he gets a second.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
By the letter of the law it was certainly a goalscoring chance, but tbf the way the law is applied it usually needs to be the last man, or so it seems to me, and I don't think Mascherano was the last man.

Debateable, IMHO. Agger could (and would) have cut across to try to cover, but Valencia did have a clear run at goal which is why Mascherano pulled him back, I suppose. Guess it depends whether one's minded that Agger would've made it.

Pothas

Would like Berbatov on if I was a United fan, I know Fergie likes to play this way in the big sides but think he could make a real difference.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Debateable, IMHO. Agger could (and would) have cut across to try to cover, but Valencia did have a clear run at goal which is why Mascherano pulled him back, I suppose. Guess it depends whether one's minded that Agger would've made it.
On the other point about it not being a pen, initially I agreed, but apparently this is a direct quote from the Laws of the Game:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

Never knew that was the law if true, but tbf it might not be - was posted on a United forum and without a link.

In other news, get in. :D