• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
****ing hell, get in. Most animated I have been about a game in ages. Arsenal clearly deserved victors here, so glad that their bottle didn't totally go after the horrible injury. Definite pen imo as well, clear hand ball for mine, should have had a pen for the tackle on Ramsey earlier on as well for mine, and maybe the challenge on Bendtner late on. Massive 3 points though, great great great.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not to ruffle any feathers but that was hardly a red for Shawcross. Barely a yellow if anything. Only got carded because Ramsey's leg was broken. Both players went in hard there and Ramsey being unluckily injured.
Think you go a bit too far there; was a bad tackle: late and high. Certainly a yellow, but a red was maybe harsh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not seen it but I imagine there will be jpegs about soon enough, not sure if I want to see, sounds vile :sick:, poor lad

Can I request that if anyone does feel the need to post the pic in here they use spoiler tags? :unsure:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
10 games left, could be the most interesting title race in years. Pretty sure I had a stinker in the tipping comp today but I don't care - I'm rooting for the Arse in the title race. Then Chelsea, obv. ABU.
Yeah, it's a shame the race actually ended in November because otherwise this run-in would be quite exciting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bendtner also going some way to justifying my calls for his inclusion today as well, took his goal very well.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I've not seen it but I imagine there will be jpegs about soon enough, not sure if I want to see, sounds vile :sick:, poor lad

Can I request that if anyone does feel the need to post the pic in here they use spoiler tags? :unsure:
Yep. Here's the picture if anyone's interested.

Looks really nasty. I didn't see the game live, so I missed the incident, but it sounds pretty nasty from what I've read about it. Hope he recovers quickly!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's nothing regulation about a studs up tackle - it's ****ing dangerous play. Careless nothing, it's no coincidence that it's Arsenal who suffer these injuries.

We're constantly told that the way to beat Arsenal is to be physical and get in amongst them.

Net result of that mindset - Eduardo and now Ramsey's injury.
Diaby as well. ****ing outrageous. Haven't seen the Ramsey injury but FMD.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yep. Here's the picture if anyone's interested.

Looks really nasty. I didn't see the game live, so I missed the incident, but it sounds pretty nasty from what I've read about it. Hope he recovers quickly!
Not to ruffle any feathers, but any tackle that does that is clearly not even a bookable offence [/some ****]

grecian

Agree strongly with this, I find this stuff gratuitous and sickening, and I'd rather not see it again.

I do agree with the general criticism of teams against Arse, that they're over-physical, hopefully refs will start to realise this, and maybe give a few pens, Arse should of won that about 5-1. Roseboy would of ignored those definite pens though obviously.

Jarquis

Not to ruffle any feathers, but any tackle that does that is clearly not even a bookable offence [/some ****]
Yeah, was tring to explain to my step-sister's boyfriend that it can't be a "fair tackle" and do that to somebdoy. There has to be something wrong with it,

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seriously rose, step aside on this one. Nobody has accused the guy of trying to end Ramsey's career, but deliberately or not you're just being inflammatory.