• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warwikshire v Somerset final it is, 73 year old Darren Maddy getting Warwikshire over the line.

Ian Bell back with a 50 which is good to see.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Yorkshire are on and playing.Rather play and lose than be frustrated by the weather.

81-2 is a solid start with conditions good for bowling,got to just get a score on the board and attack the brittle Kent batting.

Scaly piscine

Surprised they're having an inspection at Durham, the weather here (20 miles south near enough) is grey, wet, miserable and set in for the day.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised they're having an inspection at Durham, the weather here (20 miles south near enough) is grey, wet, miserable and set in for the day.
Must admit when i saw that i wondered if it was one to call it off for the day already.

Yorkshire struggling 5 down but at least we are on the field.

Spoke too soon 132-5 rsp.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Given the table it would be unlikely that Yorkshi*e missing out on some batting bonus points will make much difference (a win will be enough if the other two teams draw). It's purely a game situation thing. You'd figure Yorkshi*e have enough in them to skittle Kent out on a result pitch.

So anyway seems rain is going to have rather a large say in the title (apart from injuries, otherwise Durham would have won already obviously)

Last edited:

Stoggler

Cricket Spectator
Corey Collymore leaving Sussex to go to Middlesex. Damn, that's quite a blow for us, he's our leading wicket taker in the Championship this year. He's going as he wants to be near his family in London.

stumpski

International Captain
Poor excuse really, London and Brighton are only an hour apart by train. Makes you wonder how they manage in India and Australia.

Looks like Sky couldn't have picked a worse game, at least they're still playing at Durham.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Young Bajan quick, bowls 85-90 mph. Can be a bit wild but has always been considered extremely promising. He came up through the West Indies age group system and then got given a place at Dulwich College. He then went to Loughborough University where he has played lots of University and MCC cricket.

He is a member of the Combined Campuses and Colleges FC team in our domestic competition but has not really forced his way into the team.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Simon Jones playing four day cricket for the first time in two years…

Strange that Hants took on Hughes, inconsequential now but you would have thought they needed the bowling for a relegation fight. Also, good to see Jimmy Adams have a top year, whenever I have watched Hampshire over the past few years it was Adams not Carberry who looked “international” class.

shivfan

Banned
Corey Collymore leaving Sussex to go to Middlesex. Damn, that's quite a blow for us, he's our leading wicket taker in the Championship this year. He's going as he wants to be near his family in London.
How are you, Stoggler?
:cool:
can someone who understands the Kolpak rule explain to me why Collins no longer qualifies as a Kolpak?
:unsure:

shivfan

Banned
Young Bajan quick, bowls 85-90 mph. Can be a bit wild but has always been considered extremely promising. He came up through the West Indies age group system and then got given a place at Dulwich College. He then went to Loughborough University where he has played lots of University and MCC cricket.

He is a member of the Combined Campuses and Colleges FC team in our domestic competition but has not really forced his way into the team.
Is Ruel Brathwaite another player who learnt his craft in the Caribbean, who will become lost to the West Indies? Like Chris Jordan, Maurice Chambers, Robbie Joseph, and Chesney Hughes before him? I see even cricinfo lists Brathwaite as an English player....

And that's to say nothing of players like Collins, who turned down an invitation to play for the West Indies in order to play as a Kolpak for Surrey, and then Middlesex.

Stoggler

Cricket Spectator
And a day later Sussex announce the signing of Amjad Khan from Kent, on a three-year contract.

He's 29 years old and Kent's leading wicket taker this season with 38, and an average of 33 (presumably those figures are from before the start of the current matches).

Thoughts anyone? I don't know much of him, his stats don't exactly get my juices flowing