• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
After handy half-centuries to Warne and Tremlett, Hampshire have set Gloucestershire 252 to win. Looks like a good finish in the making.
:D Warne and Tremmers batted superbly, I hope they can do equally well bowling. Ervine bowled well first innings ( :D ) but batted below average twice.

twctopcat

International Regular
Played on anybody??? Still good effort, nice to see bell weigh in with a few with his sydney barnes-esque deliveries!!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Good ton by Blackwell against a pretty handy attack on what doesn't appear to be a batters paradise. I'd pop him in the 20-20 international game at the rose bowl, could be interesting.
My pet theory with Blackwell is he's batting a couple of places too low in the Somerset order if he is really serious about doing something with his batting. As it is, he's in a comfort zone where he can afford to be a bit hit & miss and, on a good day, enjoy himself against the old ball. A few years ago I really thought he had something, but my impression now is he's happy being a big fish in a small pond rather than pushing himself to make it at international level.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Played on anybody??? Still good effort, nice to see bell weigh in with a few with his sydney barnes-esque deliveries!!
Yeah, I noticed Bell's figures - and all good players, too. Didn't he get a few in Sri Lanka recently? Nice to see one of our batsmen trying to do something with his bowling.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
And quite a performance by the just turned 20 Liam Plunkett. Have you seen much of him SP?
Na I haven't seen him, he was OK but nothing brilliant last season when Davies (medium pacer) was taking most of the wickets.

Link

State Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
And quite a performance by the just turned 20 Liam Plunkett. Have you seen much of him SP?
ive seen him before in a under 19 match against south africa.
NB! plunkett to 5 wickets and AB de Villiers scored a 50

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
southwestcricket.com relaunch

Just given the county cricket site I run a facelift, could be of interest to those on this county cricket thread. All comments welcomed, enjoy.... :ph34r:
South West Cricket

Swervy

International Captain
jf2001 said:
Just given the county cricket site I run a facelift, could be of interest to those on this county cricket thread. All comments welcomed, enjoy.... :ph34r:
South West Cricket
I see you have a Bothams Diary section on that site...what has it got to do with Botham btw

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Botham's Diary

only that the writer is a well known Somerset cricket fan who is a regular on Somerset forums and goes by the pseudonym of Botham.....

what do you think of the website??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
Yeah, I noticed Bell's figures - and all good players, too. Didn't he get a few in Sri Lanka recently? Nice to see one of our batsmen trying to do something with his bowling.
Although ironically our 5 bowler line-up means there's next to no need for it in the International arena!

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
seems the rose bowl pitch is the same as ever warne to skitlle out the tale tomorow and take an unlikely victroy thanks to he and tremlets batting

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Although ironically our 5 bowler line-up means there's next to no need for it (Bell's bowling) in the International arena!
Trueish, but it could still be useful on occasions. You know the sort of thing - Jones limping, Harmison all over the place, etc. I still think there's a case for playing six batters ahead of Flintoff against Aus judging by the fragility of our middle order in SA, which would make Bell's bowling even more useful, but I know I'm in a fairly small minority there.

BTW You'll know better than me - what does Bell actually do with the ball? Does he swing it like a rather better version of Butcher, or does he find some decent seam movement?