• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Gloucestershire collapse from 0/129 to 203 all out to lose by 48 runs to Hampshire. Taylor and Warne got 9 between them. Looks like Glamorgan and Derbyshire are about to lose too.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Great play from Worcestershire to bowl Derby out twice cheaply considering we were missing Sri Lankan, South African and English Internationals.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Great play from Worcestershire to bowl Derby out twice cheaply considering we were missing Sri Lankan, South African and English Internationals.
Apart from the fact that you were playing Derbyshire, of course

Swervy

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Somerset hold on for a draw, but Mahmood takes 3 of our wickets, thats really quite depressing :(
hey look..Mahmood is ok man.

Lets face it, Somerset were never really going to compete with lancs really were they :D ..Somerset can thank their lucky stars they had to play Lancs in manchester early in the season..the draw was inevitable

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
glamorgan got some beating by warwicks today ,but ew'l beat em tomorrow in the totesport league match ,come on crofty

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
BTW You'll know better than me - what does Bell actually do with the ball? Does he swing it like a rather better version of Butcher, or does he find some decent seam movement?
Have to say I've not seen a lot of him bowling, but do know he's been working on it for a couple of years now and must be doing something right to be used as first change on occasion.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just been watching Lancs v Glamorgan on Sky. Simon Jones is bowling well, not absolutely at full-lick (highest I've seen is 85mph) but he's bowling a good length & the white ball is doing the rest. He did for Stu Law with a beauty & has bowled three that Mal Loye couldn't get near.

Encouraging.

Unless your a Lancs fan, obviously.....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, looks a good day for bowling, but Jones has looked impressive nontheless. Lancs batting is a bit short. Looking forward to seeing Murali bowl

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
That's 3 for Jones! Squared Chilton up a treat & the slip just hung on.

Looking bad for Lancs....
Superb start for the Dragons

<quack> That's not their nickname any more

Really? What is it?

<quack> Look at the shirt - the clue's in the sponsors

Brains?

<quack> Yep. They're now Glamorgan Zombies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully we can get up to 180 with Sutcliffe the anchor and corky and co playing around him. I think 180 would be competetive.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
v unlucky for Crook there, Sutcliffe is batting nicely though, need the Corkster to fire
You're obviously a man not bothered about tempting fate! :D

FWIW I thought he was a bit unlucky. He'd got a good stride forward, so I reckon the doubt should've gone with him.