• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
lol ive just seen it again and it never even went near his legs! lol it hit the bat about a foot infront of his legs - its amazing Cork didn't go off on one

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
lol ive just seen it again and it never even went near his legs! lol it hit the bat about a foot infront of his legs - its amazing Cork didn't go off on one
yeah, I'd have sparked that umpire if I were him

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
yeah, I'd have sparked that umpire if I were him
I'm sure the look was enough.

<quack> It's all change in the card school soon.

Where - in the Lancashire dressing room?

<quack> Yup. No longer will Corky be able to bully everyone into playing contract bridge or Canasta or Euchre or the other classy or intellectual games they used to play at Derbyshire.

Of course. The Brad factor. What do you think they'll play?

<quack> Cheat

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Looks like someone was doing the rain dance in the Lancs dressing room.

Worcs look to be on their way to a win.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Looks like someone was doing the rain dance in the Lancs dressing room.

Worcs look to be on their way to a win.
if we'd have got 175-180 that would have been a hard ask for Glamorgan given the pitch

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i was planning to go to that game, but with the raining falling around i skipped, i for one am not too happy with lanchashires first too games this season, hoping for some improvements in their next two away games and when they come back here for TPL game againts the notts

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Encouraging.

Unless your a Lancs fan, obviously.....
I'd say encouraging either way - if he can have a good start to season (ignoring the pasting given to him by the clearly superior Warwickshire side ;)) - then we have a 5 man attack with a lot of good things going for it.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Well done to worcester for 2 win in 2, something that could bon well for the rest of the season. Derbyshire are poor though

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmmmmm, Worcester go from 75-0 to 171 all out against Durham. Plunkett didn't get any wickets this time, Davies 6-32 and Harmison polished the tail off to take 3-25

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Hmmmmmm, Worcester go from 75-0 to 171 all out against Durham. Plunkett didn't get any wickets this time, Davies 6-32 and Harmison polished the tail off to take 3-25
Remarkable stuff from Davies, to add to some already very impressive FC statistics. Maybe one to watch? As for Harmy, I would like to see him dismiss some proper batsmen before too long.

Link

State Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
As for Harmy, I would like to see him dismiss some proper batsmen before too long.
Same here his warm up matches are running out. Jones bowled really well on Sunday, i know the pitch was poor, but to almost humiliate batsmen like Sturat Law, Mal Loye and Mark Chilton, well thats a good day out

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
good 6-fer for Tremlett, i think this season could definately be a key one for him, he's 23 now, his FC record is pretty decent. If he pushes on from here, he'll be in contention before too long

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
yup good Bowling Gilo again he's enjoying the county scene this season ...
Terrific figures again. I see he was the seventh bowler to be used by Knight today, and still managed a five-for. Possibly a first.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still can't believe how well Durham are doing, considering they won just the one county championship game last season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Still can't believe how well Durham are doing, considering they won just the one county championship game last season.
Tell us a bit about Davies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
good 6-fer for Tremlett, i think this season could definately be a key one for him, he's 23 now, his FC record is pretty decent. If he pushes on from here, he'll be in contention before too long
A massive collapse from Sussex there!