• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's pretty much one of the biggest chokes in a final since Essex against Middx in the 80s. Crinfo it you young coves.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Missed City being 2-0 down to West Ham to watch that. Never liked Gloucestershire since Jim Foat ruined my day out by running out Clive Lloyd.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
the actual law is pretty well written imo. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPHMXNtWoAAm24k.jpg

did something happen to inspire the rule in the first place
In the 2000 County Championship Lancs needed to get maximum points in their final game against Surrey (and Surrey get no points) to overtake them and win the title. It was pointed out that if Lancs had scored 400-2 in their first innings,and Surrey had collapsed to 100-8, their best option would be to declare. (It wasn't close to happening in reality - fairly even draw). I'm not sure but I think that may have been the occasion that led to the rule being brought in (even though nothing at all dubious happened).

There have been a few instances of sides declaring on about 300-8 to stop the other side getting the extra point (e.g. Glos v Lancs in 2004, Lancs v Middx in 2014) which were allowed as they weren't "bringing the game into disrepute" like declaring when 300 would be.

And of course there was the B+H Cup match in 1979 where Somerset declared on 1-0.

Camo999

State 12th Man
U bewdy! What a win! Took out Yorkshire in the semi and Surrey in the final. Doesn't get much better than that. Brilliant team effort. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the great Ian Harvey returned to the club this year as assistant head coach. Legend!

grecian

You are forgetting its CC a player can become a zero from hero within a season
Who knows what may happen one day, but both are incredibly young and talented, was certainly interesting to see Sam bat today. I doubt they'll be thinking of Namibia for a good while.

fredfertang

Who knows what may happen one day, but both are incredibly young and talented, was certainly interesting to see Sam bat today. I doubt they'll be thinking of Namibia for a good while.
Don't suppose the Namibians can afford them, which is a shame - still there is another one as well

I know they wont be looking to play for Namibia now but you dont know what circumstances lead to.