• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Brian Luckhurst
Bob Woolmer
Mike Denness
Asif Iqbal
John Shepherd
Alan Ealham
Alan Knott
Bernard Julian
Graham Dilley
Derek Underwood
Kevin Jarvis

Just reminding myself that Kent used to win trophies.

Yup. Although I suspect you've brought Dilley forward a few years to play in that particular XI.
Possibly featuring Colin Cowdrey until the mid 1970s?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup. Although I suspect you've brought Dilley forward a few years to play in that particular XI.
Possibly featuring Colin Cowdrey until the mid 1970s?
Indeed - John Dye or Norman Graham would sit more comfortably with the others - I think LT had a Marjorie moment

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Batsman ducks a slower ball and is giving out lbw to complete a Dernbach hat-trick. The ball was going about three feet down leg.

Really poor cricket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From the Somerset facebook page:

"Very interesting here at Hove with a debate going on as to whether Somerset will be allowed to declare at 400, denying Sussex bowling points
Apparently there may be a rule against declaring simply to deny an opposition points. Any thoughts?"

How the **** can that be enforced if Hampshire just forfeited an entire innings to screw with the points system in an attempt to avoid relegation?
the actual law is pretty well written imo. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPHMXNtWoAAm24k.jpg

did something happen to inspire the rule in the first place

stumpski

International Captain
Batsman ducks a slower ball and is giving out lbw to complete a Dernbach hat-trick. The ball was going about three feet down leg.

Really poor cricket.
I didn't see it but that is the worst delivery I have ever heard
Suck it up, haterz. :D Is it time, though, to consider bringing referrals into domestic cricket? One per innings as they have in ODIs is hardly going to add much time to the game. Gloucs might well have used theirs before the last pair came together but if not that poor decision would have been overturned.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Suck it up, haterz. :D Is it time, though, to consider bringing referrals into domestic cricket? One per innings as they have in ODIs is hardly going to add much time to the game. Gloucs might well have used theirs before the last pair came together but if not that poor decision would have been overturned.
I think the reason they don't do it is basically for the sake of consistency -- not all the games are televised. I'd definitely go ahead with it anyway in the games that are, but I can see why they'd not want to do that.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, same here. Might be worth trialling in the later matches - quarter finals onwards, say. Although I'm not sure if all the quarters were on TV?

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Brian Luckhurst
Bob Woolmer
Mike Denness
Asif Iqbal
John Shepherd
Alan Ealham
Alan Knott
Bernard Julian
Graham Dilley
Derek Underwood
Kevin Jarvis

Just reminding myself that Kent used to win trophies.
Indeed - John Dye or Norman Graham would sit more comfortably with the others - I think LT had a Marjorie moment
Mid 70s probably a shade late for Dye and Graham.

The likes of Charles Rowe and Richard "The Vicar" Hills would have in the mix.

Forget about Graham Johnson as well, who used to open the batting (Luckhurst had gone by the mid 70s) and bowl some very ordinary offies.

And K.B.S.Jarvis is probably the worst person I've seen with the bat at first class level.

Really poor cricket.
Actually a slower ball like that can easily fool a batsman but can also fool an umpire. If you are expecting it to have a certain flight and end up in a certain area it can trick the eyes a little..

And to say it was going about 3 feet down the leg side is exaggerating rather a lot.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surrey deserve to lose simply for the fact it would be hilarious if they did on the only occasion Dernbach has done something good.