• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Huh? I just read it, agreed with most of it and thought it raised some good points in argument contrary to the popular stance on this forum.
i.e. I don't think Fatel is a better bowler than Ali but I do feel the difference between them is probably smaller than it is between Ali and Kerrigan; at domestic level anyway.

Getting bored of the Ali discussion tbh, yeah he has a great beard and looks quality when he gets going but he's no world beater. His bowling is better than the people who haven't seen him since 2011 would have you believe but it's not as good as others maintain either.
I'm not sure there's a popular stance on this forum about Ali or anyone else.

Anyway enough of this nonsense, Bairstow is bowling.:wacko:

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Hales got a few runs second dig for Worcester. Interesting to see how he goes this summer.
Yeah as a worcs fan i'm looking forward to seeing how he goes too. Currently loving the form of Mitchell with the bat and Andrew with the ball! Great start to the season!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Derbyshire have signed Gareth Cross as Tom Poynton has been ruled out for the season. Good luck to him, never managed to deliver on his promise at Lancs but the potential was there.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Davies not keeping this week for Surrey. Both him and Kieswetter had bad games last time out behind the stumps dropping a few. Prior out for even longer and even with the test a long way away there is gotta be a big doubt over him.

I guess Bairstow might keep the position by default.

Mullaney out this morning for Notts, Hales has been recalled.

fredfertang

Lanky batting first on a grey morning at Lord's - will exceed my expectations if we get anywhere near tea tbh - still Hoggy is back so the even with the 130 ish we'll get we should be able to make a game of it at least

91Jmay

International Coach
James Foster?? Got runs so far this year and obviously the best keeper.

Nelson strikes! Root sounded in great touch as well.

grecian

James Foster?? Got runs so far this year and obviously the best keeper.

Nelson strikes! Root sounded in great touch as well.
I think a few of us would be really happy if Foster or Read were to play as a stop-gap, whilst Prior got fit or Buttler improved in all facets.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think a few of us would be really happy if Foster or Read were to play as a stop-gap, whilst Prior got fit or Buttler improved in all facets.
I'd rather either of them over Bairstow or Buttler if Prior is unfit.

More chance of me knitting fog though.

fredfertang

In sight of a second bonus point with three wickets in hand - is this a promise of better things to come? I thought perhaps it was, but having just tuned into the commentary the explanation seems to be that Middlesex's catching has been poor all day

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wow we have a batting point. Not sure where we would be this year without Tom Smith though. Batting looks a lot deeper with Hogg at 9 as well

stumpski

International Captain
No doubt there'll be general delight that Surrey's season continues to plumb new depths. Just as well we only needed 19 to avoid the follow-on. Fuller doing most of the damage, is he a genuine quick as per his profile?

91Jmay

International Coach
:laugh::laugh: Remember when England picked Scott Borthwick

:( :(

Looks like a mad day at Hove. Wright/Brown plundering.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
300 partnership up now. Onions has only bowled 8 overs so presumably he must have an injury.