• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of county cricket on Sky! Crawley still looking pretty damn great. Always was an attractive player, especially of spin.

Century for Pothas & a couple of clangers from Read. It's only Jones's keeping that keeps him in the test team, you know... :p

Although perhaps our next keeper has a yarpie accent & a Greek passport?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Bit of county cricket on Sky! Crawley still looking pretty damn great. Always was an attractive player, especially of spin.

Century for Pothas & a couple of clangers from Read. It's only Jones's keeping that keeps him in the test team, you know... :p

Although perhaps our next keeper has a yarpie accent & a Greek passport?
How old is Pothas again? About Ealham's age?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
How old is Pothas again? About Ealham's age?
31 or 32? A lot younger than Udal anyway & only a coupla years older than Geraint, despite the "never shaved in his life" looks.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for Lancashire, closes the gap on Sussex, i'd say Hampshire fans are pretty happy with the result as well.

Mahmood takes the first 5 wicket haul of the season for Lancashire, shows how well the wickets have been shared around. I'd say we must have a decent shout for having the best all round attack in the CC even without Anderson and Flintoff.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I went to see Lancs at my home club for a bit today, it was great to see the ground so packed and even better to see Mahmood bowl, this guy's like lightening when you see him live.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
For a long time I advocated the England should do a Stewart with Crawley and worked on his part-time keeping.

It would have extended the Test career of a fine player and strengthened the batting no end.

Oh well, the time has passed but I think England missed a trick there.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Good win for Lancashire, closes the gap on Sussex, i'd say Hampshire fans are pretty happy with the result as well.

Mahmood takes the first 5 wicket haul of the season for Lancashire, shows how well the wickets have been shared around. I'd say we must have a decent shout for having the best all round attack in the CC even without Anderson and Flintoff.
Delighted with the result, Sussex are greatly anoying me this year being top of both C&G and the county championship with Hampshire currrently secodn in both. Crawley and Pothas dug Hampshire out of a bit of a hole today, really good that Crawley has got his first ton of the season its been coming for a while. I would expect us to beat Notts fairly easily now.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
31 or 32? A lot younger than Udal anyway & only a coupla years older than Geraint, despite the "never shaved in his life" looks.
He has played a couple of one dayers for South Africa though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Guess it's a Fletcher decision - hence he'll be in the squad at 4.10 this afternoon (unless Strauss strains a muscle checking his shares and they need another change of leader)