• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
When only 4 batsmen score their runs above a sr of 75 (and 3 of them being Aussies) i don't think scotland's strength is fast-scoring
well one of them does have the third fastest OD century ever or something stupid like that, but he was out before Marshall came on.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
You can't be a Scotsman and a Lancastrian. :p

steds = the new aussie? ;)
I'm a Lancastrian with Scottish blood, thankyou very much, and I'm displaying my displeasure at how he can say that about a side who have won 3 consecutive G&G games against county opposition. So shut it. :sleep:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hampshire murdering Surrey. Surrey all out for 166 with Warne taking 6 wickets and in reply Hampshire 89-0 of 14 overs

Ricky Clarke 2 overs for 25 runs

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Just checked, RR Watson did against somerset in a 15 over slog in 2003

steds said:
I'm a Lancastrian with Scottish blood, thankyou very much, and I'm displaying my displeasure at how he can say that about a side who have won 3 consecutive G&G games against county opposition. So shut it. :sleep:
I'm not saying they are a crap team who get rolled over by county sides, i'm saying that marshall's figures would have been fantastic against a team who have more hitters and people less willing to let a bowler bowl to them how he likes.

And with Watson and Richards the backbone of the scottish team gone, the team would have also been rebuilding as well and less likely to attack.

In my mind scotland are one of the better minor nations around at the moment, so don't get so touchy.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Lancs win.

What's this recent fetish from Lancs to have as few top-order batsmen as possible about?

The only thing i can think of is trying to give the bowlers more time in the middle to try and lengthen the batting order like in the old days of chapple being in at 10?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pothas said:
Hampshire murdering Surrey. Surrey all out for 166 with Warne taking 6 wickets and in reply Hampshire 89-0 of 14 overs

Ricky Clarke 2 overs for 25 runs
I was there, and Surrey were pitiful. Newman set the tone trying to give catching practice with the 1st ball of the innings and succeeding on the 2nd. Benning & Brown didn't last much longer, and, without Butcher's innings we wouldn't have made 100. Butch actually batted beautifully, but ran himself out stupidly. Thereafter, enter Warne, who cleaned up with 6 wickets in 4 overs. I think his figures of 6 for 42 are the best in a domestic oneday game in England, but others will know for sure.

Surrey's attack was never likely to make Hants work for it, but the extent of the carnage was beyond our expectations. Carberry was obviously keen to make a point against one of his old counties and we lost count of the number of balls that he deposited out of the ground. He almost made three figures, which would have been impressive chasing only 167, but holed out shortly before the end. The game finished at 15.40, which says it all.

EDIT Rikki fans will be pleased to note that he has now streaked his hair.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
wpdavid said:
I think his figures of 6 for 42 are the best in a domestic oneday game in England, but others will know for sure.
Checked and i think it's

8-4-6-6 RW Hooker Middlesex v Surrey Lord's 1969

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Justin Kemp went absolutely mad for Kent just now - 54*(20), having been 3*(5) at one point. 51*(15) isn't bad - he hit seven sixes in those 15 balls. :-O :cool:

Scaly piscine

Durham won, presumably hitting the last ball for 4. Hopefully Derbyshire and/or Warwickshire can beat Lancashire and then Durham can win their remaining three games against Derbyshire, Scotland and Notts (teams in no particular order there).

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
brilliant start to the season so far by the lancs, pretty close to securing a place in the C&G Final along with some solid performances in division 1.

Looking around the circuit at the aussie players who are around the international set up i.e Cullen, Dizzy & Cosgrove fairly satisfied with their performances alhough i would have liked if Dizzy could have had more wickets in the CC. Also nice to see White scoring runs but he still is not bowling as much..

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Just got back from the Durham game....

GREATEST
MATCH
EVER

No doubt that that was the finest one day match the Riverside has ever seen. Everything that is great about one day cricket exemplified in this unforgettable match.

The run-chase was just brilliant. The game turned in the favour of each side many times and when it got to 3 runs from one ball it set up for a cracker

Up Steps Harmy

BAM

FOUR!!!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
DanielFullard said:
Just got back from the Durham game....

GREATEST
MATCH
EVER

No doubt that that was the finest one day match the Riverside has ever seen. Everything that is great about one day cricket exemplified in this unforgettable match.

The run-chase was just brilliant. The game turned in the favour of each side many times and when it got to 3 runs from one ball it set up for a cracker

Up Steps Harmy

BAM

FOUR!!!
Harmy hit the winning runs? :clap: :D

Pothas

wpdavid said:
I was there, and Surrey were pitiful.
What makes it even better for Hampshire fans and even worse for Surrey is that Hampshire didnt arive in London after their great victory of Yorkeshire untill 3 this morning

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
Looking around the circuit at the aussie players who are around the international set up i.e Cullen, Dizzy & Cosgrove fairly satisfied with their performances
In order:
46 runs @ 46 & 6 wickets @ 51.33
128 runs @ 32 & 10 wickets @ 50.10
347 runs @ 57.83 & 1 wicket @ 88

Please tell us exactly how Cullen and Gillespie can be fairly satisfied by figures like that, especially when you see who they've actually dismissed?