• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Wild prediction

Joe Root, Gary Ballance and Jonny Bairstow will all play in a test match for England together.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing about the Yorkshire match. Should we be punished for producing a crap track? You lose points for too many wickets falling in a day, why not get the same punishment for a pitch that provides so little chance of a result?

cpr

International Coach
Somerset would be bottom of Div 2 if that happened.

Pre-rebuild OT wasn't much cop for a result either mind.

stumpski

International Captain
Wild prediction

Joe Root, Gary Ballance and Jonny Bairstow will all play in a test match for England together.
I raised an eyebrow at the second name, but Ballance has just had a remarkable season in Zimbabwe where he averaged 84 with six 100s. Only runs in the CC will interest England selectors though.

Chubb

International Regular
I raised an eyebrow at the second name, but Ballance has just had a remarkable season in Zimbabwe where he averaged 84 with six 100s. Only runs in the CC will interest England selectors though.
He should play for Zimbabwe, although I know it is unlikely. Nobody would turn down the kind of money he could earn in England colours to play for peanuts for his homeland.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He should play for Zimbabwe, although I know it is unlikely. Nobody would turn down the kind of money he could earn in England colours to play for peanuts for his homeland.
Agree with this, don't want him playing for England. We have enough overseas pros as it is.:ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most Wickets in County Championship: J. Lewis
Most Runs in CC: Tres
Division One Champions: Notts
Division One Bottom 2: Worc, Middlesex
Division Two Top 2: Glamorgan, Kent
Division Two Wooden Spoon: Glossop
T20 Champions: Lancashire
CB40 Champions: Warwickshire
Quickest Hundred in CC: Buttler
Young Cricketer of the Year: Bell-Drummond
Cricketer of the Year: Andre Adams
Failure of the Year: James Taylor
Batting at NO.6 for England in the last test of the summer: Ben Stokes

stumpski

International Captain
Johnny Bairstow's smarter than the average bair-stow
Or bear's toe?

Agree with this, don't want him playing for England. We have enough overseas pros as it is.:ph34r:

Has he publicly said he doesn't want to play for Zimbabwe? He would be guaranteed a place for them, while with England he's always going to be one of the chasing pack. Simply saying you want to play for England doesn't mean you get picked, as Kervezee has found. Didn't even get on the Lions tour despite a good season with Worcs.

Of course if he did play for Zim he'd become an overseas player, and might have trouble getting a county contract. So he could end up in a sort of Ervine-type limbo, playing for neither.