• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Squad Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I heard Ferdinand is set to be a shock exclusion. Just another entirely unsubstantiated rumour to throw out there.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Capello delivering a very late April Fool's joke regarding Carragher.

Why not just dig up Bobby Moore? At least he was good once. His corpse would use the ball better than Carragher too.

grecian

They're the people who investigate human rights abuses, aren't they?

Warnock, Baines & Cashley looks a bit of a hedge.

Carragaher looks set to go as cover for Johnson then, unless we're gonna make do with Milner and/or SW-P as reserve RB.
I'm really not happy with Carra, but the other options were worse, IMHO. Nice to see Adam Johnson in there, and I hope Huddlestone is just there to understudy Arbuckle, presumably at the buffet.....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol. BFS has just accused Capello of having something personal against Paul Robinson. Like the high profile eff ups?

Never knowingly not a ****, Allardyce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
God imagine if he'd got the hotseat back when there was a bit of support for it....I'd have had to turn my back on my country

Matteh

Bent, Walcott and Johnson are apparently all confirmed according to the Beeb.

Worryingly Carrick is rumoured to be in the squad.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Putting all the rumours together:

James, Green, Hart
Cole, Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Upson, Warnock, King
Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Lennon, Milner, Carrick, Cole, Wright-Phillips
Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Heskey

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I was about to say that I reckon you're spot on - but now there's a hot (though unconfirmed) rumour going around that King is out and Dawson is in.

Official announcement has now been pushed back to 1500.