• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Awful from Southee. Prior in his element here. No pressure from the quicks and Finn can moderately handle Martin and just duck the quicks.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Knew you'd go claiming this

Patel would have 1/100 here ftr :p
possibly. Took a 5fer last month on this pitch though.

Can't have been any less effective than our pacers yesterday though. That said, we would be absolutely screwed if Wagner hadn't induced Cook's lovely nature yesterday.

Anyway, pretty bloody clears we should have batted, but we could have lost the toss and bowled too (reckon Cook was bluffing) so there's only so much I can harp on about a decision I guess.

Just **** of Steve Finn.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England to declare at 550/8 for mine with Finn falling agonizingly close to successive half-centuries.

Flem274*

123/5
Our bowling to the tail is a joke.

This is where Adam Milne or Hamish Bennett would be useful, even if they're not the finished article. 145 - 150kph bouncers at the body. Kill the opposition bowlers.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Steven Finn, Harbhajan Singh, Glenn McGrath...There are others on that list, fill me in here on the **** tailenders we've gifted runs too over the last decade

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes England are past that danger time when they were 374/7 and could have been all out for 400 ish. Now looks odds on for 500, which removes any small chance of a NZ win and makes the follow-on a testing 300.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is where Adam Milne or Hamish Bennett would be useful, even if they're not the finished article. 145 - 150kph bouncers at the body. Kill the opposition bowlers.
Tailenders would still slash over slips, top edge hook over the keeper and generally be ****s. Milne would injured himself trying to bowl 145k+.