• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends a bit I think; Marsh isn't really an opener. I think they'd sooner play both than play Voges again, and Maddinson and Renshaw are probably competing for one spot to some extent at the moment.
It wouldn't happen in this scenario, but the image of Warner opening with Maddinson in Test cricket is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Marsh, S
6. Handscomb +
7. Faulkner
8. O'Keefe
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I kinda want to see this happen now.
Excuse me Global Moderators, this is not the right thread for this discussion. Please take this elsewhere. :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

It was obvious England were going to lose this series badly. Surprised there are people talking about it as one of Cook's lowest ever moments and saying he should resign.
Just think he looks mentally gone. The break may be all he needs to get back on it but he looks like Vaughan did when he gave up the captaincy, totally drained.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jesus, when teja is going this low what hope is there for everyone else?

Sort this out Jono
Can't help you, I don't head up the Indian fans anymore. Whilst they copy all my crappy yet awesome phrases they've now morphed into their own group, I'm old news, on my way out. A has-been.

Daemon and OS are the leaders. I'd say Daemon aka Gandhi is the true leader, but because he's gone all soft and cuddly on us, OS will stab him in the back and take the mantle soon enough.

Zinzan

Can't help you, I don't head up the Indian fans anymore. Whilst they copy all my crappy yet awesome phrases they've now morphed into their own group, I'm old news, on my way out. A has-been.

Daemon and OS are the leaders. I'd say Daemon aka Gandhi is the true leader, but because he's gone all soft and cuddly on us, OS will stab him in the back and take the mantle soon enough.
Lol Jono, I always considered you as the unofficial leader of the Indian clan too, kind of like Burgey is with the Aussies & Blocky the Kiwis, but Daemon and ***** do seem to have stolen your mantle whilst you've been absent in recent times.

Hope you never leave them with your Mrs while you're away mate.

Burgey

Depends a bit I think; Marsh isn't really an opener. I think they'd sooner play both than play Voges again, and Maddinson and Renshaw are probably competing for one spot to some extent at the moment.
Then you have KPat and SOBamong other young. Likes they'd go to first.

Burgey

It wouldn't happen in this scenario, but the image of Warner opening with Maddinson in Test cricket is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Marsh, S
6. Handscomb +
7. Faulkner
8. O'Keefe
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I kinda want to see this happen now.
An opening combo where Warner is the voice of reason.

Love it

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think slashing and flashing was the issue.. He would play at balls he didn't need to play, would have his bat open towards cover while defending and couldn't do that thing that Dravid used to do where he would allow the bat to go limp so the ball died down before reaching the slips.
Yeah agreed worded it wrong. Those shots were coming from one day style running it down to third man kind of stuff for a single or getting the ball past point region for four etc which were not working for him in tests. But watching him now that he sorted out that temptation and leaving those wide off deliveries. Not entirely sure about how much he improved playing with soft hands while defending like kane.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

When Wayne Rooney starts for England he has the armband. But he doesn't always start.

If you're here, you're captain.

listento_me

U19 Captain
I can understand that Cook wants to remain as captain till at least the end of the series but there should be a change over after India. He is done. His tactics have looked lethargic in the field and too often he has regressed to pre-NZ Cook.

What I mean by that is that after the NZ test series last year and seeing how BM was so proactiev as captain and often much more aggressive, Cook seemed to le arn and evolve. The whole teams approach changed and was a key feature of their win in SA. With Bangladesh Cook really regressed and looked completely flummoxed and uncomfortabel. In India things just got worse.

I think we've all seen it with captains such as Vaughn, Ponting etc and it's happening with Cook. This isn't a captaincy slump, it's a captaincy end. Persevering with him would only harm England. Root is ready.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But wasn't the original decision with Bairstow, out? Why does it say NOT OUT at the top :p Guess the ball tracking guys not on their A game out there.