• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nicest thing anyone's ever said to me on CW.

Even when I won Battle of the Members and Battle of Cricket Chat Posters (cheap plug) I was called a **** in the process :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't know why Ashwin had to bring up the press conference comments on the field. Unnecessary when you are already beating them so convincingly.
Seems like he was pretty emotional - took it to heart. Said how acting in that way was not a way to lose and Jimmy should take losing with grace etc. So I think he was just offended on Kohli's behalf. Kohli seemed to not know it was coming, so wasn't a pre-determined attack.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. I guess these guys can't really win either way. If you talk when you're losing, you look bitter. If you talk when you're winning, you look ungracious. I guess I'd take the latter.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. I guess these guys can't really win either way. If you talk when you're losing, you look bitter. If you talk when you're winning, you look ungracious. I guess I'd take the latter.
Yeah agreed. I know it can never happen in this day and age with the media commitments and all that but IMO I'd much prefer thar players didn't give post match interviews.

They're either pumped on a high if they win, or gutted if they've lost........means more often than not they come accross as ****wits either way. Make one or two ****e interviews and fans and players never forget........branded a **** for life.

Not realistic I know but just my thoughts.

vcs

It doesn't really bother me TBH. Highly competitive individuals, emotions running high after a gruelling Test series, and media twisting their words around. Ideally Ashwin/Kohli should have sorted it out in private with Anderson after the game if they had an issue with it. Whatever.

Burgey

Nicest thing anyone's ever said to me on CW.

Even when I won Battle of the Members and Battle of Cricket Chat Posters (cheap plug) I was called a **** in the process :ph34r:
I don't think anyone is suggesting you're anything other than a ****, tbh. Just not a dumb ****.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm lazy

What was the exact quote from Anderson, and what was the question that prompted it?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashwin did nothing wrong

Just an example of the dominant male in a relationship defending his prize. Of course Ashwin knows better than to unknowingly stoop to such barbaric instincts but I can bet you now he analysed how he ought to respond all night before the confrontation with that amazing brain of his. He likely did it just to put on appearances.

Calculated as usual from Ravi, I applaud him

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The media are hypocritical. England play three spinners (Visakhapatnam, Mohali); it not working, and the media, at least a large section of them, suggest ''playing to your strengths with the four seamers; our spinners are simply not good enough and you might get a bit of reverse''. England play the four seamers and there is an outcry about their selection policy and poor judgement of Indian conditions!!

I do not think there was a selection that could have beaten India - yes they should have played Hameed in Bangladesh, not switching Duckett down the order when it came to India, and brought out Jennings earlier, sending back Ballance and Duckett to the Lions. The media - and England - made such a big deal about conditions and the toss, yet Rajkot had grass, and the Vizag and Mohali wickets were certainly not the Bunsen Burners they made out would be the case. Cook won his toss in Mohali and Mumbai and made a dog's dinner of a first innings - more so Mohali.

England were just outclassed really. I do not even think they played that bad: they just never seized the key chances and took possession of the match (as the Indians did).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The media are hypocritical. England play three spinners (Visakhapatnam, Mohali); it not working, and the media, at least a large section of them, suggest ''playing to your strengths with the four seamers; our spinners are simply not good enough and you might get a bit of reverse''. England play the four seamers and there is an outcry about their selection policy and poor judgement of Indian conditions!!

I do not think there was a selection that could have beaten India - yes they should have played Hameed in Bangladesh, not switching Duckett down the order when it came to India, and brought out Jennings earlier, sending back Ballance and Duckett to the Lions. The media - and England - made such a big deal about conditions and the toss, yet Rajkot had grass, and the Vizag and Mohali wickets were certainly not the Bunsen Burners they made out would be the case. Cook won his toss in Mohali and Mumbai and made a dog's dinner of a first innings - more so Mohali.

England were just outclassed really. I do not even think they played that bad: they just never seized the key chances and took possession of the match (as the Indians did).
Not a bad debut post at all.