• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such a long winter and it is not even Christmas yet, not an excuse but the scheduling has been fairly ridiculous this year.

We can forget about Tests for a while now at least, although not sure that is going to help us in the long term.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Such a long winter and it is not even Christmas yet, not an excuse but the scheduling has been fairly ridiculous this year.

We can forget about Tests for a while now at least, although not sure that is going to help us in the long term.
Is that a deliberate decision not to play any home tests during the IPL?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

No cricket for 6 months now. Boring.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw BadInfo had a poll up on Twitter about who was India's player of the year between Kohli and Ashwin and it was fairly neck to neck.

Surely the answer is Ashwin though, the man with the body, the batting, the bowling and the brains?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is that a deliberate decision not to play any home tests during the IPL?
We have Champions Trophy so they got that starting as soon as IPL finishes, we are cramming 7 tests into 2 and a half months later in the summer. Be rotation needed I would think.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
India spinner Ravindra Jadeja on TMS: "It was unfortunate we couldn't break through in the morning session but we were very confident, they were about 100 for no loss in Bangladesh and collapsed there as well."

Zing! Sir Ravi should enjoy this. Sweet revenge and Jimmy should keep his mouth shut.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Congratulations India, absolutely ruthless in the final two Tests. Winning both by an innings despite giving up 400+ in the first innings both times is pretty special, so kudos.

It's such a shame from an England perspective that two of the finest acheivements in modern English cricketing history - the 2010/11 Ashes and the win in India in 2012 - have been followed up with 2 capitulations the next time round.

Here's to India's bowling attack finding a method for playing outside the Subcontinent, they've got a lot of exciting players and if they can start threatening to take Tests and series off England, South Africa and Australia away from home, we'll have some great Test cricket to look forward to in the next 5 years.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We have Champions Trophy so they got that starting as soon as IPL finishes, we are cramming 7 tests into 2 and a half months later in the summer. Be rotation needed I would think.
Ah, I'd forgotten about the CT. But I can't believe we're still playing two home series after it.

I suppose that not playing any home tests until July does, for once, give us the chance to have a proper look at players in the CC before thinking about how the test side may look for the summer.

indiaholic

International Captain
India spinner Ravindra Jadeja on TMS: "It was unfortunate we couldn't break through in the morning session but we were very confident, they were about 100 for no loss in Bangladesh and collapsed there as well."

Zing! Sir Ravi should enjoy this. Sweet revenge and Jimmy should keep his mouth shut.
That was from Ashwin, I think.