• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Waddle had a golden moment towards the end of the England/Iceland game on Radio 5Live. He was watching from the studio and the match commentator asked him what he thought and he said "Dunno, I'm speechless."

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently at half time in the England v Iceland game Mark Pougatch asked the panel if Joe Hart should be dropped for the quarter-final.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Looks like you can start to officially blame the likes of Glenn Hoddle and the rest of his chums at ITV for England being dire. Since Euro 96 England have a 57% win rate at major tournaments when the BBC is showing the game vs 27% when it's on ITV.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
'Eden Hazard is on familiar ground having played at Lille. Although Lille moved here the summer he moved to Chelsea so he's never played here.'

So not really familiar territory at all is it?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't dislike Glenn Hoddle (yes I do, he's a dick) but why oh why when he makes a point does he have to repeat the same point again adding the word "really" to it. It's annoying. It's really annoying. Is really annoying more annoying than annoying?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
His errant use of the word "them" is more irritating, I think.

E.g. "Them players", or "them goals" etc...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Got to love Shearer laying into Giroud for not squaring it to Griezmann despite the replay showing the pass was never on due to Höwedes' positioning.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to love Shearer laying into Giroud for not squaring it to Griezmann despite the replay showing the pass was never on due to Höwedes' positioning.
You know there's no rule against Giroud changing direction with the ball, right? The pass wasn't on because he decided to run hilariously slowly in a perfectly straight line, before losing the ball.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
'Sums up the tournament for me, pretty dull, pretty boring'

What tournament has Shearer been watching ffs?

Uppercut

Murphy's recurring 'they should be pressing them here!' rant is a damning indictment of all the Liverpool managers he played under.

vcs

Ferdinand said Portugal didn't suffer too much going down to 10 men when Ronaldo went off.........
Their style of play makes it hard for someone like Ronaldo to impact the game much.. he was only noticeable in this tournament when he put the ball in the net.