• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As an Australian fan, I would like to congratulate both the English and New Zealand teams for their performances over the last couple of weeks. After being flogged early in the CB series, both teams worked hard to raise their standard to produce excellent team results.

Ty sir

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not since they became No.1 :laugh:

(and are year old results still relevant?):cool:
you seem to be thinking that two year old results are relevent. :p

But I think Smith has himself mentioned that just because his team is no.1 in rankings doesn't mean that RSA are better than Australia. And I think that is a good attitude.

pup11

International Coach
Hey guys feeling really depressed right now, I think its really important that now we start working hardr for the world cup, i think this whopping we have recieved from the black caps and the english has really hurt the blokes so you could be rest assured you would see a completely different aussie side at WC. I back the aussies to the hilt and expect them to bounce back in style.

Evermind

International Debutant
Hey guys feeling really depressed right now, I think its really important that now we start working hardr for the world cup, i think this whopping we have recieved from the black caps and the english has really hurt the blokes so you could be rest assured you would see a completely different aussie side at WC. I back the aussies to the hilt and expect them to bounce back in style.

How old are you, pup, if I may ask?

pup11

International Coach
I am 20 Evermind, if you were asking me that due to my post, i think the word "depressed" is a bit too heavy but really mate its been a 2 very bad weeks for the aussies and i am die-hard aussie fan so its been disappointing for me.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Oh my golly gosh. Been out all day. Recorded it. 3.30am here. And ive just seen the end.

I thought it was all over with 4 down. Macca, Fulton, McCullum, and even Gillespie were all gun.

I couldnt hardly watch a ball when Gillespie was on strike, I was shaking, a nervous wreck.

And then that 6. I screamed, did i mention it was past 3am? I hope the police dont come a knocking (they have before).

Absolutely brilliant stuff. I dont think i can sleep now.
Time to read the rest of the thread

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Just watched the highlights of this game. Remarkable. McMillan and McCullum were amazing, and Hayden's great innings is most likely going to be almost forgotten amidst the massive run-chase. What a game. :)

Fiery

Banned
Happy Black Caps Day everyone! If Craig McMillan can play with that sort of confidence and McCullum with that sort of assurance in the WC then anything is possible for NZ. Jimmy Franklin bowled well and Peter Fulton's strike-rate was another pleasant surprise too. Loved Gillespie's innings too. Everyone here at work is chatting and buzzing about the game this morning.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
My god, left home this morning when styris got out, now i come home & check the score & Australia have lost, WTF?

Geez what the hell happened, anyway i guess i'll have to say well played to NZ. Hopefully Hayden's injury isn't to serious it would be just tragic after such a superb innings he misses the WC.

The last few weeks have been a real kick up the backside for Australia, i want to say yea Australia will come back hard from these defeats but then again i'm not sure. The batting is looking good but the bowling especially in the death overs is a serious worry, McGrath out best bowler in that field even though i still have faith in him does give a bit of a worry & Tait hasn't found the right lenght in this series, but hopefully by the WC he gets it right. Cooley should try to simulate death over situations in the nets to help assist the bowlers.

Thats whats going to make the world cup so open, small/average size grounds, flat pitches, extremely good batting line-ups world wide. The side that can get a bowling attack together that can bowl well at the death is going to come out victorious.

Fiery

Banned
McMillan would have to had felt pretty statisfied when he woke up and saw the big picture of himself on the main page of the Herald sports section with the caption "Craig McMillan was at his best last night against Australia"

Last edited:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Have to agree with Fuller (and others) who have been displaying a little temperance over the pitches in the last two games. Big scores like we saw last night are all well and good, but not with the regularity we are seeing these days, IMO. The constant big hitting just gets old - one of the main reasons I'm not a fan of Twenty20.

A couple of observations: no Scaly in here telling the kiwi fans off for being happy about winning.

Also, Fiery: pull your head in mate, you've been provoking way too many arguments lately. What was with telling Liam to leave the thread?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, just checked the score, is Hayden going crazy or what...

Haha but NewZealand will win this no doubt and I have just booked myself the best prediction award for this week :cool:.
Or the Greigy. Hayden just struck a one-handed six to bring up Australia's highest individual ODI score.
Congrats to Hayden.

But trust me New Zealand is gonna' clinch a thriller. And humiliate the Aussies once and for all. I am really feeling a spectacular NZL win today :).
haha Turb set himself up nicely for the Greigy here

Can't wait for Watson's hattrick today though itbt

That's right folks that's right BOW DOWN TO ME, GO DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND BOW DOWN FOLKS :p:p.... What did I say what did I say, that's right... Best prediction award is for me this week while all you other people can have the Greigy :p:p.

Turd will feel like a gun.
:laugh: That I do! Didn't post all this earlier because my internet was down, but wow now I get to brag. If this doesn't win me the award I don't know what will. :happy: I feel so good today!

So a big :p out to all you guys!

Last edited:

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
I agree with the kiwi fans,the kiwi is now a more superior team than australia is or eever was.The kiwis are the no 1 team in all forms of the game.
Right mate - where have you been all summer! NZ media were calling the Blackcaps Flemings Lemings and what about 'operation screwloose'? Fleming should be dropped for Vettori, Bracewell should be fired, and the fieldsmen can't catch. The top order don't fire, and when they do the bowlers bowl too many wides etc. However, I don't remember a time when the Blackcaps have won 3 ODI's in a row.

Aussies have bowling problems (yes I know that is an understatement) - if Troy Cooley can sort those out everything else will come together. If not, I think the Graham Smith's might win the WC.

Natman20

International Debutant
Right mate - where have you been all summer! NZ media were calling the Blackcaps Flemings Lemings and what about 'operation screwloose'? Fleming should be dropped for Vettori, Bracewell should be fired, and the fieldsmen can't catch. The top order don't fire, and when they do the bowlers bowl too many wides etc. However, I don't remember a time when the Blackcaps have won 3 ODI's in a row.
QUOTE]

Thats classic. I must remember that

Blaze

Banned
Biggest comeback ever in an ODI?

That's the nature of one day cricket these days though.

Both New Zealand and England have proved that you can turn round poor performances pretty quickly and get on a roll.

The WC is pretty much impossible to predict after these recent results. NZ could easily turn around and lose the majority of their games, so could England. It's just so unpredictable.

Stupid to count Australia out...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*cries*

Needless to say i'm really really really dissappointed by the efforts from our bowlers, whilst at the same time amazed by the fantastic innings from McMillian & McCullum.

Could it be fair to say that at this stage going into the World Cup, we are going to miss Lee more than we are Symonds?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without Lee & Symonds it is going to be extremely hard to win the WC, not impssible, but extremely hard. I have a feeling our unbeaten run in WC matches is going to come to and end...