• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he may have been one short, Jayasuriya holds the record. So Haydos joins Nick Knight as the only player to carry his bat through a full 50 overs of an ODI.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let Hayden get hit every time he bats - went from plodder to six hitting machine!

Strange display from Kiwis - wicket is good but they seemed to resort to death bowling really, really early. Hard to restrict a score when youre not trying to get anyone out.

Evermind

International Debutant
I don't think so. Second string attack on a small ground. A great innings no doubt, but not one of the greatest ever.
Agreed. It seems like the players, commentators and the audience don't really seem to be too concerned about what's going on in the middle. NZ have got a third and Aus have got half their first XI missing, in a dead rubber that no one really wanted to play just before the WC. It's kinda fun to watch, but the attitude all around seems to be like it's some kinda practice/charity game.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to Hayden.

But trust me New Zealand is gonna' clinch a thriller. And humiliate the Aussies once and for all. I am really feeling a spectacular NZL win today :).

Last edited:

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Well, either Fleming or Vincent need to score a run a ball 80-100 if NZ have a chance today. I don't think Taylor/Fulton/McMillan can repeat that performence 2 games in a row.

If NZ do chase this down then this side would have started to create a legend.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Congrats to Hayden.

But trust me New Zealand is gonna' clinch a thriller. And humiliate the Aussies once and for all. I am really feeling a spectacular NZL win today :)
Well if they go hard from the start and don't lose too many wickets they probably will. Its all up to Taylor here....

Laurrz

International Debutant
well lets see if we can defend THIS

i think Tait Hogg and Johnson might die... Bracks will be consistent

Husey better bowl Voges and Hodge... i recn they'll do... ok lol

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really astonishing innings from Hayden.

The great thing about today was that Hayden did exactly what he's not been able to do consistently in ODIs before, and what has stopped him from being as good in ODIs as he is in tests. He was actually tied down quite badly at one point, and getting from 35 to 50 or so took him quite a while. Usually in that situation Hayden will get out forcing the pace, which is why he's usually been someone who would get a good start with the field up and then get out without going on with it.

Got through that middle period today, and the foot injury really seemed to free him up. Hitting at the end was unbelievable.

Goes without saying that it's Hayden's best ever knock in ODIs.

moshnz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fleming is using his feet and playing square, been a while since I've seen him do that - Last time was his 100 in SAF in the World Cup.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Check further, only Knight and Hayden batted 50 overs.
Nup. Take a closer look at the list. It only lists batsmen who opened the innings and batted the full 50 (or in some cases, 40, 45 or 60).