• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can I nominate this post for the Afridi please?
Go ahead, nobodies stopping you. I hope he wasn't being serious though, but I do get the feeling he was taking the micky out of us Black Cap fans getting excited about the series victory, if he is taking the micky I feel that a strong talking to is in order. Be prepared to step up to the plate Fiery.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn it Sky NZ...I finished work @ 9pm, which mean't i only saw the last exciting 10 overs...but i would have expected with all the money i throw at Sky ever month that they would have sorted a highlights package on one of their 50 thousand sports channels :@

Fiery

Banned
Go ahead, nobodies stopping you. I hope he wasn't being serious though, but I do get the feeling he was taking the micky out of us Black Cap fans getting excited about the series victory, if he is taking the micky I feel that a strong talking to is in order. Be prepared to step up to the plate Fiery.
:laugh: I'm too tired...and happy. Night all. I love youse guys eh

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Damn it Sky NZ...I finished work @ 9pm, which mean't i only saw the last exciting 10 overs...but i would have expected with all the money i throw at Sky ever month that they would have sorted a highlights package on one of their 50 thousand sports channels :@
Did you try Prime? I found the highlights there on Sunday night.

_Ed_

Have to say I really feel for Hayden. He played an unbelievable innings, easily the best I've ever seen live, carried his bat and it still wasn't enough.

_Ed_

Ouch.

I also thought it was great that when McGrath was walking around the boundary carrying drinks for the bowlers the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Zinzan

Ouch.

I also thought it was great that when McGrath was walking around the boundary carrying drinks for the bowlers the crowd gave him a standing ovation.
Yes, I must say its amazing how gallant we are when we are winning :laugh:

_Ed_

Haha good point.

It happened when we were about 50-4 though so I'd like to think it was genuine.

Zinzan

Haha good point.

It happened when we were about 50-4 though so I'd like to think it was genuine.
We still had the series in the bag at that point :laugh: In all seriousness, I shouldn't be so cynical, I agree Mcgrath totally deserved that kind of ovation. Hats off to the Hamilton crowd

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
As an Australian fan, I would like to congratulate both the English and New Zealand teams for their performances over the last couple of weeks. After being flogged early in the CB series, both teams worked hard to raise their standard to produce excellent team results.

For the Australian team, I offer no excuses. Obviously there are some injury concerns but you were good enough to beat the team that we put out on the park and that is the name of the game.

Is this the demise of Australia? I don't think so. If we have a terrible world cup there will be cause for some concern. Teams can raise their standards for short periods and can be world beaters (India 1983, Australia 1989 World Cups) but to be consistently good as the Australians have been over a long period of time is the hall mark of a great team.

I am not willing to write off my team. Kudos to the opposition. They played better than us on the day. But we will be back - sooner rather than later and it would not surprise me if we win the world cup again.

Also a quiet word to Graham Smith. I would not start gloating about having the No. 1 ranking until YOU actually beat us. I have a feeling it will come back and bite you on the behind.