• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure Styris's place is certain by any stretch and Fulton poured some cement on his place today
Styris is the senior member of the team though, and without him, you probably need 10 overs every time from Oram, which reduces the flexibility of the attack a bit. I'd have imagined that Fulton and McMillan were in direct competition.

biased indian

International Coach
Oh well this is the end..
Hopefully this is a sign that Bracks is finding form.
run-rate slipping. 3 wickets gone. My prediction after the Australian innings is coming true
Our fielding also looking much sharper today compared to the other day. Johnson gets styris with his first ball.
It's amazing what difference a couple of early wickets makes. This one is done, obviously.

Not a hugely important match really, but it can't hurt to have a big win before going to the Windies. Hayden's definitely looking a better prospect for the WC now, and Watson's batting was also impressive.
Boy, that was a good heave from Macca. Watto taking some serious tap here

its nice to go through them once the actual result is known .......

Fiery

Banned
I wasn't downplaying New Zealand's achievements at all. If anything, I'd say writing off Australia's WC chances would be downplaying the quality of chase, since it'd be blaming the result on Australia's faults rather than NZ's performance.

Anyway, congratulations. Enjoy it.
OK, thanks Faaip. Classy response mate. Sorry if I misunderstood you

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo's telling me that Hayden got the MOM. IMO, I think they should've split the award, but Hayden's innings was incredible.
Nope 180 odd n.o. kills everything else on offer

Wasnt his fault that our bowlers and fieldsman (and the ground!) couldnt contain some smaller efforts

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nope 180 odd n.o. kills everything else on offer

Wasnt his fault that our bowlers and fieldsman (and the ground!) couldnt contain some smaller efforts
Completely agreed, he was the deserving person, it wasn't his fault that bowlers weren't able to do their jobs

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would just like to point out no oram.. no veto and no bond :D :D :D
And no Mills.

That said, no Ponting, no Gichrist no Symonds, no Clarke, no Lee.
Still, New Zealand at full strength is arguably a weaker team than Australia at semi-strength, so total respect for these achievements.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
And no Mills.

That said, no Ponting, no Gichrist no Symonds, no Clarke, no Lee.
Still, New Zealand at full strength is arguably a weaker team than Australia at semi-strength, so total respect for these achievements.
sure about that ??

Ponting, Gilchrist and Symonds are in for their batting.. Bond, Veto and Mills are in for their bowling...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sensational game, and another fantastic victory for NZ. The atmosphere at the ground seemed like a great spectacle for New Zealand cricket which seemed to be at a low after the Sri Lankan series. McCullum and McMillan were brilliant, some of their shots were simply breathtaking. And Mark Gillespie.....lost for words on his batsmanship. :p

Interesting to hear the Australians reply to this after NZ were short of Bond, Vettori, Oram and Mills - 4 definite starters in what would be classed as our best XI (if they were all fit or not being rested which doesn't seem to happen that often!).

On the side, this was NZ's 2nd largest ODI total ever behind the 397/5 in 44 overs vs Zimbabwe. I would discard that and class this as our highest ODI total ever considering the quality of the opposition. :)

biased indian

International Coach
Australia to win only 5 of the 8 important matches @ world cup

aganaist whom i dont care but i feel so!!!!!!!!

but i think they can still qualify for the semifinals hmmmmm

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, congrats to the ACB

Apparently a significant no. of players didnt want to make the trip and now all we've got out of it is the probable loss of Lee and Hayden

If players and coaches can get dropped for poor performance, I wonder if the same thing will happen to the administrators (yeah right, that will happen!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah but i dont think they r a weaker team anymore...
New Zealand is certainly not on par with Australia at full strength - that much is undeniable. I was trying to give New Zealand as much credit as possible for their showing though, by stating the level of underdoggedness - I'm fairly certain I just made up that word :cool: - attached to the matter.