• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It goes without saying, but Warner is going to be a key figure in this chase. Got to get him early if you're SL.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Had an onfield decision go against him. Blew up and threatened to take the team off the park and to go home, cancelling the tour. The onfield decision had something to do with either a catch being claimed which supposedly shouldn't have been, an allegation of ball tampering or the no balling of one of his bowlers for throwing. I just can't recall which right now.

Either way, it was really immature and showed he's really unsuited to captaining an international cricket team.
thank you for the explanation...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can anyone who is familiar with horticulture and/ or groundskeeping explain how a wicket which seems to take turn and keep pretty low on the first two days can improve for batting? I can understand if a deck starts green or wet and flattens, or if it turns then deteriorates even more, but that doesn't seem to be the case here on past occasions (not that I've seen it, just going by reports). Can't work out in my head how it can happen tbh

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can anyone who is familiar with horticulture and/ or groundskeeping explain how a wicket which seems to take turn and keep pretty low on the first two days can improve for batting? I can understand if a deck starts green or wet and flattens, or if it turns then deteriorates even more, but that doesn't seem to be the case here on past occasions (not that I've seen it, just going by reports). Can't work out in my head how it can happen tbh
I think it would have appeared to take turn a lot more in the 3rd innings if O'Keefe wasn't injured and Lyon wasn't bowling long hops.

~

Weather really trashing a good test here

Daemon

Heavy roller?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's those unscrupulous sub continental groundsmen. ****ing corrupt ****s.. They make the pitch good for batting during SL innings, and make it turn viciously when Aus bats.

Burgey

It's those unscrupulous sub continental groundsmen. ****ing corrupt ****s.. They make the pitch good for batting during SL innings, and make it turn viciously when Aus bats.
Think I can safely file this answer away as Volume 485, Chapter 74 of "Subcontinental Cricket Fans Lack a Decent Sense of Humour", itbt.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You forgot me. :(

We three were the only ones who rated fatty above chuckmal
Oh yeah, that's right. It was right after Herath outbowled Ajmal in a series IIRC.

Notable doubters: Benchmark, PEWS

His batting is a different story. World renowned
I know so many slightly fobby South Indian and Lankan 3rd grade cricketers who are around 5'5 with that pudgy body type who (very effectively) front foot pull everything and are surprisingly agile in the field and extremely accurate medium pace/finger spinners. Sorta like the Kiwi Battler migrant.

They all seem to have really ridiculously cute kids too.

Burgey

Heavy roller?
Yeah I don't think so though, because if it turns early you'd expect a heavy roller to break it up a bit. May well be that it's because there hasn't been that much baking sunshine, but I was thinking more in the past matches at this ground than this one necessarily. As I said, I haven't watched much cricket at the ground and am only going by what's been said on here and in comms on the coverage.

TheJediBrah

**** this is going to be a draw isn't it?

Or Australia will need 250 in 30 overs or something and get bowled out for 150 slogging at everything to go for the win because #intent #aggressivecricket

Daemon

I know so many slightly fobby South Indian and Lankan 3rd grade cricketers who are around 5'5 with that pudgy body type who (very effectively) front foot pull everything and are surprisingly agile in the field and extremely accurate medium pace/finger spinners. Sorta like the Kiwi Battler migrant.

They all seem to have really ridiculously cute kids too.
:lol: this is so true, especially the part about being accurate spinners and medium pacers