• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Compton

International Debutant
I know it won't happen but if they give Holland the call now that O'Queef looks toast over Zamps it'd give me sickening pleasure.
Never assume Australia will pick a spinner from the appropriate options. They'll end up calling up Maxwell and Agar :laugh:

Stace

First Class Debutant
I put a small amount on SL-win after day1 when they were paying 19 (actually I did 'draw no bet' at 15 because I was a bit concerned looking at the weather forecast).

..wasn't a bad bet at that time...now it's too late I think
Can you cash-in in play? You should get a good price.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Can you cash-in in play? You should get a good price.
If I cash-in, that'll be only after Khawaja gets out. I'll get the best price at that point - just before their 2 best players of spin come to bat (Voges and Smith - in that order)

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
Steven Smith is far too immature to be an international cricket captain. I safely predict years of embarrassment, toy throwing and dissent during his reign.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's a convict joke to be made here but i can't think of any that could possibly match gi joes

burr

State Vice-Captain
What a day, go Sri Lanka! Don't see Aus getting even close to these runs, all credit to them if they do. Potential 1-0 when everyone counted the Lankans out - series could be set up nicely!

Burgey

Hat tip to the WPNCOS who joined the 200 club, but frankly bowled pretty ordinarily especially between lunch and tea.

morgieb

Well played Mendis. **** he makes me feel old though, IIRC he's the first batsman that's younger than I am to score a Test hundred.

morgieb

Anyway this Test feels quite a bit like the first Test in the Indian series last year. Australia start out dominant but one young-ish batsman plays the knock of his life, their spinners do some damage and bob's yer uncle. Hopefully The People's **** actually plays a real knock this time after the incident yesterday and also his ghastly, ghastly shot in the first innings.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Aren't there enough pictures of his fat ugly head on this site as it is??

Still really unsure of how many runs SL need here to be considered well in front of the game. Would love to see them eke out another 100 or more but not too confident in that. Would it be fair to say that if the Aussies are chasing 250 the game is probably 50:50??

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Aren't there enough pictures of his fat ugly head on this site as it is??

Still really unsure of how many runs SL need here to be considered well in front of the game. Would love to see them eke out another 100 or more but not too confident in that. Would it be fair to say that if the Aussies are chasing 250 the game is probably 50:50??
From the recent past, it does get better for batting though. It all depends on how Australia play Herath in the second innings.

Burgey

Why what did he do?didn't see much today due to work..
Had an onfield decision go against him. Blew up and threatened to take the team off the park and to go home, cancelling the tour. The onfield decision had something to do with either a catch being claimed which supposedly shouldn't have been, an allegation of ball tampering or the no balling of one of his bowlers for throwing. I just can't recall which right now.

Either way, it was really immature and showed he's really unsuited to captaining an international cricket team.