• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Those last two deliveries could have easily been left, and it's not like Pradeep has anything like a good chance of doing anything but getting out if he connects, but here he is, swinging away when surely every other number 11 in the world should be happy to let Herath bat against the spinner for the next over.

Those two deliveries were the absolute opposite of tactical sense. It was great

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you think the weather will hold the odds look good now, SL 2.60, Aus 2.10.

Or SL at 2.10 with draw no bet

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
He wasn't. He was nowhere near his best obviously (maybe not used to the duke ball, foreign conditions?). Even his average of about ~25 was far from terrible.

I remember he was inexplicably harshly treated by the media during and after the series. Compare him to a guy like Mark Wood, who Hazlewood was far better than during the series, but Wood had nothing but glowing praise from the media.

Was very bizarre, one of those matters of perspective and media influence I presume.

The Duke ball should aid a guy looking to seam the ball and swing it late. Mr McGrath seemed to enjoy it greatly.

91Jmay

International Coach
He wasn't. He was nowhere near his best obviously (maybe not used to the duke ball, foreign conditions?). Even his average of about ~25 was far from terrible.

I remember he was inexplicably harshly treated by the media during and after the series. Compare him to a guy like Mark Wood, who Hazlewood was far better than during the series, but Wood had nothing but glowing praise from the media.

Was very bizarre, one of those matters of perspective and media influence I presume.
Nah he bowled poorly. Wasted new ball often and took loads of cheap end of innings wickets. He is a massive talent though, will be top 3 bowler in the world for next decade.

Shady Slim

International Coach
oz could still chase this relatively easily if one of their bags goes big, the chances of that happening a different story altogether...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow some catch that. Was off the middle of the bat too.

I don't trust our batting enough to chase this, but if we bat normally we have a very good chance. Emphasis on if.