• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he had have threatened to walk off and go home, I'd say he'd be in line to be one of the subcontinent's most revered skippers of all time.

Gob

International Coach
Aren't there enough pictures of his fat ugly head on this site as it is??

Still really unsure of how many runs SL need here to be considered well in front of the game. Would love to see them eke out another 100 or more but not too confident in that. Would it be fair to say that if the Aussies are chasing 250 the game is probably 50:50??
Its already 50:50. 250 and its SL's game to lose

OverratedSanity

The floodlights situation was so stupid and just so cricket. Almost surpasses that time they took lunch when South Africa needed 20 runs to win vs India.

Spikey

i don't get why lunch is 40 minutes and tea is 20 minutes. the shield, for a couple of seasons anyway, changed it to 30 minutes each which makes far more sense

Howe_zat

Audio File
Because 20 minutes is enough for a cup of tea and spotted dick, but 30 minutes is not enough for a Sunday roast.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Its already 50:50. 250 and its SL's game to lose
Nah, your gambhiring a bit there.

Bookies still have the Aussies ahead right now and if they can wrap this up very quickly 1st session they'll be in front IMO. I can't see the Aussies batting as poorly second dig and the history of this ground (all be it a very small sample size) suggests the wicket bats best at the end of the game.

As BW suggested I think it will come to down to fatty and how disciplined the Aussies bat.......but I reckon them chasing 300 is perfectly on the cards.

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great innings from Mendis. Very reminiscent of Safin vs Hewitt in the 2005 AO. The entire world and the forces of good were backing him and he delivered.

It will be interesting to see if the tail can add an extra 30+.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think the weather may have prevented this wicket from drying up enough to really rag in the fourth innings.