• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
let's just think about what might have happened in an alternate universe where ponting is still captain....and MJ opens up after lunch

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
That must be the quickest 5-fer since Botham took 5-1 in 18 balls vs us at Old Trafford in 81?

Maybe Ambrose in Perth 93?
From Cricinfo

Jamie Alter has messaged me with this: "Andy Caddick took five in 15 balls for five runs against West Indies at Leeds in 2001." Can anyone find one quicker?

EDIT : Beat me to it!!!

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
This is absurd viewing, but incredible viewing as well. That was a pathetic effort from Morkel there, what the hell was he thinking?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So if we believe those who talk about this Australian attack as though they wouldn't get a game for Wellington seconds, what will happen to South Africa when they face England?
Tbf, even Sreesanth has run through South Africa in South Africa.

They have these moments where there batting collapses. Should have prepared flatter wickets against Australia, IMO and then taken full advantage of Steyn.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Steyn is going to be murderous next dig. Will probably have difficulty in getting 200, but that should be more than enough.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So if we believe those who talk about this Australian attack as though they wouldn't get a game for Wellington seconds, what will happen to South Africa when they face England?
If England bowl as well as they have been? They'll struggle I'd say.